• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Question (answered, thanks! Topic closed)

Ann

Inkling
I have a quick question about something. When your teammate is jumping in and out of squid form(seabagging/teabagging?) Is your teammate cheering you or something else? I never know if I should ignore them or join them. I main a charger and N-Zap.

Stel (Flan-ik)

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7694-8205-3119
If it's your teammate it's mostly likely them cheering. Although they could just press "Booyah!"

I know I like to squidbag at the end of a tough Salmon Run ;3

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
If it's your teammate it's mostly likely them cheering. Although they could just press "Booyah!"

I know I like to squidbag at the end of a tough Salmon Run ;3
Same.
We all spam "Booyah!" if we survived.
We all Squidbag if we got more eggs than needed.
We all spam "Booyah!" and Squidbag if we went above and beyond.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
I had this experience the other day. They first were on the other team and did it when they killed me. Not too uncommon but they did it like a lot. When they were on my team they followed me arounnd like the whole first half of the match doing it the whole time. I eventually started throwing sprinklers at them and booyaing. They seemed to like that and we went off and splatted mad enemies and won the match even though we didn't really do anything but screw off the whole first minute..Still not sure why they singled me out.. This game can be wierd;)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I had this experience the other day. They first were on the other team and did it when they killed me. Not too uncommon but they did it like a lot. When they were on my team they followed me arounnd like the whole first half of the match doing it the whole time. I eventually started throwing sprinklers at them and booyaing. They seemed to like that and we went off and splatted mad enemies and won the match even though we didn't really do anything but screw off the whole first minute..Still not sure why they singled me out.. This game can be wierd;)
The other day, someone squidbagged every time they killed me, teammatesl whatever. They were a squidbagger. That's what squidbaggers do. So I waited a few games until they were on my team, and I followed them around the entire game squidbagging. I ended up with this game (I was the 7pts):

DG5cGSmXcAAWwSi.jpg

Now, I know what you're thinking -- I let down my team there by not actually playing. I believe in the greater good. If you're a squidbagger, you're just a jerk. That's all there is to it. And it's my mission in life to let jerks know they're jerks -- especially in turf wars where a loss has a minimal negative consequence. Now they know.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
The other day, someone squidbagged every time they killed me, teammatesl whatever. They were a squidbagger. That's what squidbaggers do. So I waited a few games until they were on my team, and I followed them around the entire game squidbagging. I ended up with this game (I was the 7pts):

View attachment 5382

Now, I know what you're thinking -- I let down my team there by not actually playing. I believe in the greater good. If you're a squidbagger, you're just a jerk. That's all there is to it. And it's my mission in life to let jerks know they're jerks -- especially in turf wars where a loss has a minimal negative consequence. Now they know.
The squidbagger in question was "Fungus," by the way. If you see them and they keep squidbagging, follow them around when they're on your team, please.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Either cheering, or attempting a squid party?
I only consider blooping to be squidbagging when it is done on the splat cam of an opponent.

Most simply ignore it ( =[ ) which is fine.
If you're not a fan of blooping, but feeling in good spirits/ want to be courteous you can bloop em for a second or two , then just go back to playing SquidWars:Return of the Tim.

Or even just a booyah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"booyah!"-ing as opposed to blooping is just the difference between saying "awesome!" or "WOOOOOOOO BABY!!! GIT'ER DONE"

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Either cheering, or attempting a squid party?
I only consider blooping to be squidbagging when it is done on the splat cam of an opponent.

Most simply ignore it ( =[ ) which is fine.
If you're not a fan of blooping, but feeling in good spirits/ want to be courteous you can bloop em for a second or two , then just go back to playing SquidWars:Return of the Tim.

Or even just a booyah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"booyah!"-ing as opposed to blooping is just the difference between saying "awesome!" and "WOOOOOOOO BABY!!! GIT'ER DONE"
Oh yeah, that's a good point. It's definitely only squidbagging if it's directly after a kill.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus

View attachment 5382

Or you know, be the bigger squid and just play the game normally? I don't see why the two other people on the team have to suffer just because you thought one player was a jerk. That just makes you the bigger jerk in the end.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Or you know, be the bigger squid and just play the game normally? I don't see why the two other people on the team have to suffer just because you thought one player was a jerk. That just makes you the bigger jerk in the end.
Oh yeah. You're right. I hadn't thought of it that way before. Thank you.

RainbowOni

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6643-4364-0032
It's really not that big of an issue. The player can have a large variety of intentions when doing that. The most common is squid bagging after they splat you, which is just a simple way to show disrespect. But you shouldn't worry about this. There is no one definitive explanation to why a player is squid bagging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom