ranked and splattershot jr

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i've made my first alt character to practice other weapons and somehow just stuck to spattershot jr in ranked games only for the last 2 weeks, i've gotten up to A and have changed my abilities many times trying to figure out what works and i've definately sure that i need a few sets for the different games

splatzone - i find i need more ink and bomb throw is definately needed and i can get away with no ink resist due to more stationary spots and i use coldblooded so the range cant find my spraying spots when the bubbler comes i come out to find them

tower control and rainmaker - speed and bubbler is my main focus

looking forward to seeing other ranked build now that i'm addicted to this weapon

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
The Jr. when played in competitive matches is usually utilized as a team-player weapon. It can charge its special fairly quickly and it has a high rate of fire making precision not needed for kills.

However because of its bad range, it falls flat against a lot of weapons that out-range it, especially .52 and .96 gals. Unfortunately because of the popularity of those weapons, you need to be creative with the composition of your team and play it as more of a support/backup weapon than a frontlines kind of deal. Knowing who to go after, when to go after them, and when you should be focusing on helping your team push are key to being successful with the Jr.

Something like this could work:

Comeback
- Swim Speed Up
- Swim Speed Up
- Swim Speed Up

Cold-blooded
- Special Charge Up
- Special Charge Up
- Special Charge Up

Stealth Jump
- Special Charge Up
- Special Charge Up
- Special Charge Up

The Special Charge Ups will make getting your Bubbler (or Echolocator, depending if you're using custom) available very quickly. Comeback on death gives you enhanced stats for 20 seconds and you can stealth jump to team mates. Cold-blooded prevents the E-Liter wall, and Swim Speed is used to make you swim... faster.

The normal Jr is better in my opinion than the custom, but the custom can give you some interesting results with the fastest echo in the game + disruptors.

This is what I use for TC, sometimes I may use it for Zones and change up the gear, but it's not as effective:

Headgear - Main - Spec. Duration Up
Torso - Main - Spec. Charge Up
Footwear - Main - Ink Resistance Up

I can't remember all the minor abilities but know I have 3 swim speeds across 2 pieces of clothing and a few defense ups/run speeds spread out.

I'd love to have the 3 SS minors under the footwear and perhaps a couple of Bomb Range Ups around, but I'm working on it :)

I use the regular Jr. for ranked TC and play aggressively, to push the tower as far as I can using the bubbler and relying on my teammates to help with protection/support. I'm prepared to be outgunned by Gals,etc and due to the poor range I either retreat when I'm under a lot of pressure or get right up close to the enemy and pop them in the nose. That's where the SS and IR come into play. Spec. Charge refills the meter quickly and Spec. Duration buys me a few extra precious seconds in the Bubbler and mixed with the defense has helped with the final push on the tower countless times.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
The Jr can be played aggressively to an extent in ranked, but you have to be more aware of your surroundings especially with those who out rang you. Swim and Run ups are very helpful for not only closing the gap in range, but also in out maneuvering your opponent (unless you get double teamed / cornered, in which case I would high tail it out of there or activate the bubbler if its active). Special Charge ups are useful too. I recommend a gear set with at least 2 Special charge ups if you find difficulty in charging up your bubbler or echolocator.

Other cool abilities that go well but I consider optional include the range up which is great for the splat bombs, but depends on your playstyle, and ninja squid if you are the more stealthy type. Be sure to have some swim speed ups for the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom