• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Return of the Tri-Slosher?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I saw that they raised the max damage for the tri-slosher from 52 to 62 which means you can probably kill in two hits from high ground. I haven't tested this myself yet but if it is true then I think we could see the tri-slosher return to the meta. Now obviously ink armor isn't as strong and burst bombs have been nerfed in terms of ink consumption but they're not terrible. In all honesty I thought the trislosher was balanced before 2.0 but I suppose a lot more people run at least one sub of bomb defense for inkjet, and you can't burst cancel as frequently unless you want to use more slots for sub saver. Also the movement speed while sloshing has been increased by about 10% for increased mobility.

Any other thoughts or expectations in terms of meta or gear sets for this weapon (or about that new ghillie suit)?

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
If that is true I will target all of the buckets and kill them over and over and over

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
If that is true I will target all of the buckets and kill them over and over and over
Yes I got a chance to test it and it does 62 damage but for the most part it's still 3 shots on high ground. I went to the upper level in the testing area and if you target the ones below spot on and right above it's like 52 damage so any trislosher should probably expect a 3-shot on high platforms like manta maria. On ramps it's still gonna be 2 shot but yeah they're still more of a threat. I tried to use it in ranked but I suck at it soooo just gonna have to wait and see if it gets more popular online and in tournaments.

I think a lot of people don't know about the weapon patches cuz there's so many other things going around that the weapon changes seem (and kinda are) overshadowed and insignificant.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Still I will not be harassed by the bucket ever again

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
The nerf to ISS' effect on Burst Bombs was stupid, because it doesn't do anything about eating a lucky double BB direct from out of nowhere. If anything, they should've made them more susceptible to Bomb Defence. At the moment you need one main and two subs (unless that's Inkjet) to survive a pair of BB directs, not even counting chip damage from beforehand or from touching enemy ink. I'd like if they decreased the amount you need, maybe to one main's worth? I think then we'd actually see more people using it, as I've not seen a single instance of it since the good riddance of Inkjet.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Leave regular slosher players alone.
I am okay with regular sloshes and decos but never a tri slosher with the sub and special

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Exactly my squid :)

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
This probably isn't going to change much since the tri-slosher still has all of it's other nerfs in place, such as the damage falloff, the range, ink armor, etc.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
This probably isn't going to change much since the tri-slosher still has all of it's other nerfs in place, such as the damage falloff, the range, ink armor, etc.
This.
expecting to see some but they will never be the same again. (hopefuly)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It'll probably become a bit more common, but it still doesn't have it's main selling point back (it's stupid range which allowed it to literally become a better .52 gal) so i predict it won't get meta anywhere near soon.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Between it's range and special requirement now, if nothing else it makes for a nice alternative to the N-Zap. It's viable enough that while it may not be meta, it'll at least provide some variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom