say what you will about voice chat but not being able to socialize is a bit lame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
instead it's probably something like Mii-Verse Posts that are heavily censored and moderated by nintendo to the point where you have to carefully watch what you post

i would have liked to see Inkopolis act as the social hub where players chill and communicate but it seems like you paint a picture to discuss your feelings there...which seems complicated and stupid

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
There is already a similar thread here.

I'd love to see more options of socializing with other people. The way it is now isn't bad but just limiting.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
i mean the fact our in-game names are tied to our default mii is stupid...why can't it for once be our nintendo network ID? that way we wouldn't be struggling to find out if this guy we just bumped into is our friend or not....

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
the default friends app needs to be expanded. maybe have voice added and messaging through games or something like an Xbox. Then it wouldn't be up to the game to provide stuff like voice chat unless it wanted something separate. Voice chat in the friends app would be awesome :)

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
i mean the fact our in-game names are tied to our default mii is stupid...why can't it for once be our nintendo network ID? that way we wouldn't be struggling to find out if this guy we just bumped into is our friend or not....
I'd have to vote for being able to switch between the two, because I much rather prefer the name of my default Mii over my NNID.

I know in MH3U you can switch between displaying people's NNIDs or their hunters' names. Something like that would be cool.

SylentVictory

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SylentVictory
The main issue is that Nintendo does not offer a way to voice chat with friends. It is a basic feature that should be present on all consoles. They better get with the times when they release the NX or they will have very poor sales again!

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I would also prefer if there was a way to just "stand" around in the game somewhere and chill out. My favorite online game of all time, JK2 (I've talked about it before; it's built on the Q3 engine) is such that if players like, they can just hang out and chat (text) in a server for as long as they want. It's easier for PC games to be more facilitating for social hangouts because of having a keyboard and modding, but I think we should at least be able to stand around and chill in some kind of hub or lobby on a console game as well.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Having communication between the team members on both sides, puts both teams on equal grounds.
Having no communicating between the team members on both sides, puts both teams on equal grounds anyway.

Communication may help the team get organized while splatting, but i fail to see the importance of having it, if both sides are "handicapped" of not being able to communicate during the round.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
The main issue is that Nintendo does not offer a way to voice chat with friends. It is a basic feature that should be present on all consoles. They better get with the times when they release the NX or they will have very poor sales again!
unfortunately they are too stubborn to get with the times and believe the internet is a dark terrible place...remember they had their own message boards that they heavily moderated and suspended/banned people for sharing friend codes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom