SCL Super Ultra Turbo Edition Results and Feedback

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Congratulations to Squid Squad Spades for winning the Second SCL Biweekly!

Full Results:
1st Place:
Squid Squad Spades

2nd Place:
The Squid Box 2

3rd Place:
NSTC

4th Place:
Squid Squad Clubs

5th Place:
Green Team 2
Cthuligans

7th Place:
C-
SDS Alpha

9th Place:
Green Team 1
SDS Omega
Octarian Elite Squad
Get Kraken

13th Place:
IU Water
Aether
Pick Me Up
SquidKids

You can find the bracket here

We will update the thread for our next tournament with more information and open signups soon.

Please also leave your feedback for this tournament in this thread.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
The tournament ran much later than we expected, mostly due to us underestimating just how long loser's bracket would take. We apologize for that and will be taking steps to make sure that future tournaments don't take this long.

LittleSoundDJ

Full Squid
NNID
littlesounddj
I actually liked the fact you guys were single elim before. It makes things short and sweet. DUDE couldnt finish the tournament cause he had to work early. Other than that, things were good.

Maybe keep it single elim for the bi-weeklys and if you have something bigger happen go double elim?

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
Yeah I was a fan of it being single elimination style too, it made the tournament series a bit more unique because every thing else so far tends to be double elimination.

Sadly I didn't get to play but from what I hear it went reasonably well and there were some great matches! Congrats to SS-S! (again :P)

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
Since this is a biweekly thing I think single elimination is the way to go. Even if that would have denied us of some great matches! Also I hope you consider Europe when planning out future tournaments. Sunday nights especially are going to be killers.

In any case good job TO's. Most fun I've had playing in a tournament ever. Thanks our opponents too and good job TSB and SS-S.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
This was a great tournament. Exciting matches against the top teams.

Would it be feasible to do Swiss style with a cut to top 4? It still keeps the double elmin feel, but it might cut down on the time (or it might not...).

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
yeah, we probably won't do doubles anymore on bi weeklys. At the very least we won't even think about doing them on nighttime friday spots.

I was considering trying out swiss, which I do have some experience helping out with (yugioh judge), but I've never run one in charge. But if it seems feasible for a bi weekly we may try it in the future.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Well, it looks like Nintendome's swiss is a mess, so maybe not the best idea...

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Since this is a biweekly thing I think single elimination is the way to go. Even if that would have denied us of some great matches! Also I hope you consider Europe when planning out future tournaments. Sunday nights especially are going to be killers.

In any case good job TO's. Most fun I've had playing in a tournament ever. Thanks our opponents too and good job TSB and SS-S.
most tourneys so far have been midday sunday, so it'd be about 6 british time. This has been our most euro-unfriendly tourney so far. We prefer midday sunday but we went with friday night this time to try it and for a few other reasons.

Well, it looks like Nintendome's swiss is a mess, so maybe not the best idea...
I wasn't watching that tourney. what all went wrong?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
most tourneys so far have been midday sunday, so it'd be about 6 british time. This has been our most euro-unfriendly tourney so far. We prefer midday sunday but we went with friday night this time to try it and for a few other reasons.

I wasn't watching that tourney. what all went wrong?
There just seemed like there was confusion about tiebreakers and how to calculate how to cut to top 8. Perhaps people will be salty regardless, but maybe people aren't used to how Swiss works and more used to something like the NCAA basketball tourney. Or maybe Swiss doesn't work as well when people aren't in the same room.

Either way, we probably need more data.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
yeah I read up on the situation some. Seems like a system derp and maybe a mishandling by the TOs involved. Not sure *exactly* how it happened, but if the issue was in the system that should have been uncovered beforehand. If it was after all a TO miscalculation or something then the TOs should have just apologized and, if it wasn't too late, fixed things, otherwise just promised to fix it next time.

DQs complicate just about everything after all. They're much easier to handle in SE and DE, for swiss if you don't just give the team who was there the win then it can get complicated. In yugioh they just do that. It's kind of funny cuz people will keep timers and try to ruleshark a win off of the time rule sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom