• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Seeking Apprenticeship w/ Experienced Leaders

Sindri

Inkling
NNID
Ydnac4axle
Odd title right? Its actually pretty accurate. I'll try to make a long story short, so here's the scoop;
I am a twenty something year old splathead. X rank, and I have some competitive experience. Ive been the captain of my own team for over a year now. I study hard in the ways of this game in many ways...YouTube, forums, streams, and lots and lots and LOTS of gameplay. I play mostly solo, and twins and quad leagues. Heres the thing; my team is inconsistent. I think i have prettt good leadership skills but I also feel like I need more competitive experience myself. Ive competed in only 1 tournament and we got bodied. I can never schedule enough people around for consistent quadding or scrimming. We are a small team of around 10 people. Ive tried recruiting more, scheduling ahead. New recruits have a tryout period where they have to show interest in competitive and the team. But it seems like no matter how hard I try I can't keep a dedicated and focused team on the track of diligence. Big words but i speak the truth.

Enough sob story, here is what im actually looking for:

A person, person's, or even group that can take me under their wing in a faux "apprenticeship". I want to sub for YOU! I want to get better as a player myself, and gain that much needed exposure experience to help deepen the foundation of my leadership with my own team. You cant lead an army into war if you've only had practice fights with wooden swords, can you? Even over an entire year with these kids(they're all around 18/19/20) I haven't fulfilled this need to grow.

Its like when youre getting on a plane and the flight attendant tells you in case of emergency to secure your own face mask, before securing your child's. I cant expect my team to flourish and fly if I can barely run.

I'm active most days between 4 PM EST to Midnight EST. I have a LOT of time to play splatoon right now while I'm recovering from an injury. I have over 4k hours in this game. I use discord, know callouts, competitive sense etc. I experience want more experience playing with different people and under pressure. A little guidance, but I shall be an easy student as I really have (and continue) to put a lot of effort into this game. And my team. I believe in us. We have great synergy in the rare moment we can achieve it... i feel its my duty as leader to expand upon my own knowledge for the good of the team.

If youre still reading this, C O N G R A D U L A T I O N S !!!! You win absolutely nothing except my undying gratitude. If you think you can somehow help me, please reach out. I realize that for this post to bear the lucrative fruit of experience, is a LOOOONG shot. But i figure its even less lucrative to not reach out in someway.

I dont want to give up on this team ive built. But I have been feeling overwhelmed with trying to be a good leader and whip these guys into competitive shape. This is one of the ways im trying to improve my situation. I promise im not this stuffy normally lol. Im looking for tutors, friends, advice, anything to help. Thanks in advance cephalopods!

Pic of my Octoling OC for attention! I own this art.

Attachments

ink#0187

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6856-4335-4791
I'm not very good at Splatoon, hence my level and rank(s). I mainly hone my skills by playing Turf War, Splat Zones, or Rainmaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom