• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Semi-Casual Squad/Free Agents (The Painmakers)

Etob

Full Squid
Greetings, Squidboards! I'm brand-spanking new to the forum, and to competitive in general. I'll be picking up Splatoon 2 tomorrow, and decided I'd like to get a little more into the game than I did last time. So, without further ado:

I'm looking to build/join a squad. If anyone can refer me to a squad that matches what I list here, by all means share it. Otherwise, feel free to sign on with me. I'm lv. 26 in the original, largely because I got started late. IIRC, I'm currently B rank.

I'm a prospective Dualies main, as speed and close-quarters combat are my forté, so I can do roller if need be, just not my preference. There's a good chance my brother will be signing on as well, he's a Heavy through and through.

I'd be looking to meet up once or twice a week, depending on schedule. I have Skype and Nintendo's new online app for communication. No personal info to start with (internet safety and all that).

I won't sugar-coat it, I'm nowhere near competitive level, but I'm no newb either. Tournaments aren't a big objective for me, but I do want to get there eventually. Right now, I'm just looking for the chance to get better with a cohesive team. I'll team up with anybody who's made it to at least lv. 20 and/or B- rank in either game. Being able to play Splatoon 2 is also a must (duh). If this isn't the place to post for a Semi-Competitive team, I apologize in advance.

EDIT: Have Discord now.

Last edited:

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
I was currently looking to start/join a team. I can't do any voice chat, so hopefully that's alright with you. I'm not too sure what I use just yet. (Shooters and rollers are good for me, but I also like blasters.) I'm still level 5 so I have to play a bit until I can do any ranked.

If you want, let's play a few 1v1 private battles.

Etob

Full Squid
Voice chat is kind of essential for team communication. If you have a smartphone, Nintendo's app is always an option, albeit a clunky one. I'm not very knowledgeable on team synergy, but I'm pretty sure we could make use of a roller. Which game are you lv. 5 in?

Joshua

Inkling
NNID
Pristis02
And I'm the brother! I like my heavy splatling, and shooting from a perch.

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
I'm now level 8 in Splatoon 2. I'm considering using a .52 gal as my main weapon, but i'm still deciding as I have yet to rank up and see how I can do with each weapon. I did get 17-3 K/D followed by 15-3 K/D in turf, so that was good.

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
When I was playing original Splatoon, I was S rank and level 50.

So can I join?

Etob

Full Squid
If you can get voice chat going, absolutely! I'm out picking up my copy ATM, but I'll post my FC when I get home.

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
I'm not sure if I'll be able to. If that isn't okay with you, we could play just in some turf/private battles later, but I was hoping to join some team.

Etob

Full Squid
It's hard to have a cohesive team without the ability to do callouts, so it's a must. I'd be down for doing some more casual online play sometime, though.

Etob

Full Squid
I'll probably be on all day. I'll get my FC and you should be able to join my lobby when I'm on.

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
Great. If you do end up getting a full team eventually, don't forget to put some range in, like a charger. That said about that, good luck!

Lettuce

Inkling
NNID
Lettuce2204
Hey! I'm just started to get interested in competitive Splatoon, so I'm a F/A and might be interested. I've been playing since the Christmas before the last, so I've got plenty of experience. I usually use shooters, although I also often like to use Luna Blasters and such. I consider my role as being pretty mixed, although I consider myself good at providing pressure with bombs and stuff like that. I also have access to VC (on Discord). I do have two little siblings that also like to play, and I play competitive Melee as well (I'm really devoted to it as of RN), so my time span might not be the best. I'm currently a full-time student and am available a lot in the summer, but only weekends and after school during the school year. Thanks!

Lettuce

Inkling
NNID
Lettuce2204
And just to clarify, are you hoping for the squad/team to be a mixed Splatoon 1/2 squad/team, or just Splatoon 2? 'Cause I probably won't be getting Splatoon 2 for a while now. /:

rparra

Full Squid
NNID
rparra
Greetings, Squidboards! I'm brand-spanking new to the forum, and to competitive in general. I'll be picking up Splatoon 2 tomorrow, and decided I'd like to get a little more into the game than I did last time. So, without further ado:

I'm looking to build/join a squad. If anyone can refer me to a squad that matches what I list here, by all means share it. Otherwise, feel free to sign on with me. I'm lv. 26 in the original, largely because I got started late. IIRC, I'm currently B rank.

I'm a prospective Dualies main, as speed and close-quarters combat are my forté, so I can do roller if need be, just not my preference. There's a good chance my brother will be signing on as well, he's a Heavy through and through.

I'd be looking to meet up once or twice a week, depending on schedule. I have Skype and Nintendo's new online app for communication. No personal info to start with (internet safety and all that).

I won't sugar-coat it, I'm nowhere near competitive level, but I'm no newb either. Tournaments aren't a big objective for me, but I do want to get there eventually. Right now, I'm just looking for the chance to get better with a cohesive team. I'll team up with anybody who's made it to at least lv. 20 and/or B- rank in either game. Being able to play Splatoon 2 is also a must (duh). If this isn't the place to post for a Semi-Competitive team, I apologize in advance.
Hey Etob! Nova rising is a competitive squad that also has a section of users that aren't at competitive level yet but would like to get better by playing along other more competitive players and learn from them, if you could get "Discord" for team communication then it would be much more preferred than the switch app or skype. If you're interested I can tell you more of the details through discord, my tag is Roman#5694.

rparra

Full Squid
NNID
rparra
I was currently looking to start/join a team. I can't do any voice chat, so hopefully that's alright with you. I'm not too sure what I use just yet. (Shooters and rollers are good for me, but I also like blasters.) I'm still level 5 so I have to play a bit until I can do any ranked.

If you want, let's play a few 1v1 private battles.
Read my last post on this thread Eli, if you have the ability to download discord please do so and send me a request, we will discuss you're lack of vc there, my tag is Roman#5694.

Etob

Full Squid
rparra, I have Discord now, but I haven't quite figured it out yet. My tag is Etob#1312, if you can start a DM from your end.

EDIT: Think I got it, lemme know if it came through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom