Side Order Tierlist for Subs and Specials (Semi Spoilers)

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I was actually just thinking about making a survey to come up with a community-made ranking for the main weapons here LOL I might still

Tbh I've found a lot of value in specials that give invincibility. Specials feel at their best when they can get you out of the worst situations and ones with only a little bit of startup for full invincibility like Reefslider and Kraken are great for that, I'd move those two up by a lot and probably merge the Decent and Weapon Dependent tiers as well tbh. Sprinkler also felt very strong when I used it because having paint is very important in this mode and something that can persistently paint or help with objectives for you while you do other stuff is invaluable. I've been told my takes with this mode are weird so take this as you may.

zyf_

Pro Squid
tristrike is the best special and it is not even CLOSE lmao, "good" is a crime against humanity

it deletes literally everything

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Kraken is definitely not that bad but it is risky because of the high knockback and also taking away from your ability to finish off portals, paint, and clear out an area. I mainly use it in situations where I think I might get trapped and die if I don't get out of there fast but if I get the chance to switch it out with Tri-Strikes, Zooka, or Booyah Bomb I do switch it. I would probably put it in good, at least in an okay tier.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
sprinkler is the goat of side order

it is the secret protagonist

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
This is interesting and makes me think I should give hammer a try again and figure out how to handle it. The first few times I used it I kept getting bumped off the stage with it and have avoided it ever since.

My preferred specials have been crab for weapons lacking range and splashdown for things with range. Tristrike/booyah also are nice for either but Splashdown is just by FAR the most fun to spam in any build where I'm getting special a lot.

For subs I find I use sprinkler and ink mines the most. It's funny how I barely use bombs. I guess main and special do enough damage that I'd rather have utility subs. Though I do want try to build a 'bomb rush' -style palette at some point (lots of ink saver sub, ink recovery, explosion damage, lucky bombs, etc) just for fun and see how it plays.

:pancakes:

Inkling
tri-strikes and sprinkler are both some of the best. 2 strikes is enough to kill the smaller portals & it works as a pretty decent panic button. zones cheese and dealing with groups of enemies from far away are both also nice. sprinkler is great both for painting(especially with something like special charge up) and combat. enemies ignore sprinkler so they'll just walk straight through and eat lots of damage, especially if you've just thrown it. other than that this is a really solid list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom