• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Since Splatoon 1 is shutting down today, what was your favourite weapon?

Ratatoonie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dogeyu
Switch Friend Code
SW-0965-6733-4594
Personally I like the Squelchers, Dual Squelcher is a lot of fun to use and I hope it comes back :,( and Jet Squelchers kits in Splatoon 1 are peak :D

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
I liked the Nozzlenoze L3 or something like that. What made Splatoon 1 battles awesome for me was the ease of getting the swim and run ability. Along with the body shield and the splash shield I was pretty hard to catch! One time I trapped an entire team at the spawn site! Yeah, it was awesome!

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
They don't make Octobrushes like they used to, man :(
Beakon/Kraken? Peak. Splat Bomb/Inkzooka? Banger.

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
Yeah, Turf War for me hasn't been fun since Splatoon 1 when I was fast and the levels were linear. I used to rush my opponents and smoke them! Dude, what's with the map system now. I used to just be able to tap on the map screen to jump to where I needed. Also what happened to Moray Towers? Arowana Mall? Urchin Underpass? This blows!

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
The last time I played S1 before my Wii u bricked about 2 months ago was the Sloshing machine neo the weapon was fine enough but if I could go back I would play every weapon with Inkzooka

Inkzooka in Splatoon 1 was MAN how do I even describe it
You looked at the enemy, waited for your started frames to end and pressed zr and the enemy just died
it is a far cry from the modern Trizooka which requires me to pull out a graphing calculator every time I wanna use it (or just be lazy and use indirects)
Im getting another Wii U soon because it had a lot of games I played with my family on it and I might mod it just so I can play Inkzooka again

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i just got to play it last week and realized i been missing out on absolute peak

the weapons i liked the most were splash with burst bomb inkzooka, jet squelcher with burst bomb kraken, and mainly range blaster with splat bomb kraken. range blaster was especially fun though, murdering people and actually being able to use my sub weapon felt so satisfying! if it doesnt get this kit in splatoon 3 i will be very sad

reelrollsweat

Semi-Pro Squid
They don't make Octobrushes like they used to, man :(
Beakon/Kraken? Peak. Splat Bomb/Inkzooka? Banger.
fr........ i had maxed out turf on both octobrushes and basically onetricked octobrush nouveau for the better part of a year. i dropped it in s2 but it still holds a special place in my heart. splat bomb/zooka octobrush i will always miss you

i played a bit of s1 over spring break and there were definitely a lot of things i missed out on by onetricking .... cannot believe i never played the horror that was burst slosher

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
I didn't really spend as much time in Splatoon 1 as 2 or 3 because I got it like only a couple months before the Switch came out, so I don't really have a dedicated main in it per se, but I do really like Zap 83. It's nice to have a all-rounder shooter with funny Kraken. This past week replaying it before I couldn't connect online anymore, I really found myself liking Dynamo Roller (since I've been playing it a lot in Splatoon 3 lol) and Grim Range (those burst combos are CRISP). I really hope we get 3rd kits in S3 so that we can have cool stuff like that

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I was a lot younger when I first played Splatoon 1 where I mostly played 52 Deco. Revisiting it today though I think my favorite weapon would be between the Neo Splash and the Zink Mini Splatling. I played the latter way more today so it'd probably end up being that.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
My go to is Dual Squelcher, but also really like the Octobrush kits and Neo Splash, but those are mostly due to playing those two weapons in later games. Also have a soft spot for Aerospray RG being my first main.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
Pretty much any of the splatlings were my favorite.
If I were to pick one out of all of them I’d have to go with the zink mini.
I had a fun time supporting my team with it

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Oblivion_spl
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
I never mained a weapon in the first game until the last day where I played Sloshing machine for the majority of it, so that. TBH, can't even remember what I played way back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom