• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 "Skip Rank" Theory!

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
So after thinking for a while i think i finally figured out something that may lead to why we are skipping ranks randomly, and it may not be random at all.

When you start up a ranking match, it is between 2 hours of game play, so i thought to myself who kept leaping up one rank at the time wondering what would be the major cause for skipping rank, so i thought of the first time i played in C-.

I played through the entire session by filling the gauge in one gameplay, and i ranked up to B immediately.

So my theory is, ranking up faster depends on how much progress you have made through one session of ranked (2 Hours per game mode).

So if my theory is right, if someone starts with a C- rank and play to fill the bar twice, they should hit somewhere in A rank with those fillings, and it doesn't matter how many cracks on the bar you have, as long as you do it in one session.

Does this make sense to you?

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.
It would explain how you can skip even with multiple cracks. I'm not saying this means it's right but my last rank skip is consistent with your hypothesis.

Rinku

Inkling
NNID
The_Shadow2014
Switch Friend Code
SW-2291-5639-2316
I had a similar idea. Though, I thought it was based on play time within the day, because I jumped a rank when Rainmaker came up for the second time in the day.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
The way you skip ranks is by not damaging your rank bar (putting cracks in it). I was playing in S+6, then by not losing aka not damaging my rank bar I ranked up to S+9. not to put anyone down, but I though this was common knowledge

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
Except you can skip with cracks and you can also not skip with no cracks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom