• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So, can we confirm that the amiibo weapons are just reskins?

MegaBaconzard

Inkling
NNID
MegaBaconzard
I always thought they were more powerful versions of the standard weapons. When I saw the glowing blue roller, I thought it was gonna be a stronger version of the ordinary roller.

Last edited:

BOOXMOWO

Inkling
The weapons the costumed Inklings are shown holding are the weapons used in the single-player missions that unlock them, which probably (it isn't a gameplay screenshot, maybe the devs just made the picture that way so it would look cooler) means the amiibos unlock those weapons for multiplayer. I highly doubt that there will be any weapons that are straight up stronger versions of others, especially not amiibo exclusive weapons (that would be ridiculously unfair).

The amiibo weapons could be functionally different from other weapons but still balanced so that none are blatantly the best, or they could be reskins. I personally find reskins more likely.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
The amiibo items do have effects (eg the schoolgirl hair clip gives swim speed up), and it would seem weird to have these things restricted to single player when you only unlock them after beating everything. My guess is that you will be able to use amiibo gear online, but none of the items will be more powerful than anything you can get through normal play.

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
The amiibo items do have effects (eg the schoolgirl hair clip gives swim speed up), and it would seem weird to have these things restricted to single player when you only unlock them after beating everything. My guess is that you will be able to use amiibo gear online, but none of the items will be more powerful than anything you can get through normal play.
That sounds right

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I believe it was confirmed you can use this gear on multiplayer. I forgot what video it was. It may have been an IGN one? I could be wrong there, but they were showing off the amiibo missions and they mentioned using the gear on multiplayer. I think it's likely they won't be overpowered compared to the regular items in multiplayer. It'd kind of suck if it was that way, and I'd feel bad if I used the amiibo gear if it was really good.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
They wouldn't include a blatantly superior weapon with the amiibo, I think it's safe to assume it's just a reskin.

Reactions: Lyn

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I do want them to be just plain reskins. Don't want any unfair advantages. I also want to play them as I would their regular version of the weapon. They are so awesome looking after all.

In the end, I do think they will be just reskins with nothing special about them besides design of course.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
They appear to be just reskins, yeah. The clothing has perks though just like everything else. :)

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I do want them to be just plain reskins. Don't want any unfair advantages. I also want to play them as I would their regular version of the weapon. They are so awesome looking after all.

In the end, I do think they will be just reskins with nothing special about them besides design of course.
My thoughts exactly. If it were actually new weapons, then they are basically unfair limited content. Because not everyone could buy let alone buy one. I'm glad Nintendo only made it a cosmetic change.

SquidBuster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DubaloSeven
The amiibo items do have effects (eg the schoolgirl hair clip gives swim speed up),
Oh wow I didn't know that. I've already got my 3-pack pre-ordered so it doesn't make a huge difference now but that's really cool. I'll definitely be making use of that.

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
I've never seen anything remotely resembling p2w in a Nintendo game. P2play maybe, but never p2w

Artik

Inkling
Personalty I agree that they should not be stronger as stat wise however I would argue they should all have different sub weapons and specials but that is just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom