• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 So set to destroy x splatoon team is over?

-*-

Full Squid
what does this spell for the community if the first major splatoon sponsor is out within a year?

Stdx were clearly spending more on the team than they made

Hope this changes. The community deserves it

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Could you enlighten me (and possibly others) on the current situation with a small summary of their current dilemma plz?

-*-

Full Squid
Could you enlighten me (and possibly others) on the current situation with a small summary of their current dilemma plz?
It just seems stdx got really excited about the potential for the splatoon scene after seeing the first invitational and went all in and did not get what they were hoping for. They were not great at promoting the team, although they were more than supportive of them. The team really didn’t know how to promote themselves. Everything was perfect for them in the first half of their sponsorship and toward the end they just fell apart. Had they stayed undefeated, stdx would’ve resigned. Because it’s the only way to justify it. You can look at any other game stdx sponsors and almost all of them if not all of them have bigger numbers in everything lan. So stdx really didn’t get anything in return, certainly not profit , and certainly not a big enough scene for them to want to commit more. For the most prominent (and only) pro splatoon team in North America to be dropped after one year is a little alarming. I would’ve assumed they could’ve renegotiated, but from the post penguitt makes, it looks like they weren’t even getting paid, so stdx didn’t even want to spend money on gear. I don’t see a major breakthrough coming, it’s a great game but I’ve never heard of something like that in any other gaming scene. Cray

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I saw in Twitch chat that HXN and Power are forming a team together. Kiver is with KP now. Don’t know about Fuzzy’s plans. Kiver and Power play on pickup teams for BnS tourneys atm. The NA tourneys need new blood. It’s usually the same players going against each other, knowing each other’s tactics, using the same gear load out and and same weapons. I wanna see a team not afraid to use wacky gear and wacky weapons.....something that’s not the predictable “meta”.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I don't know all the details of it, but I know a lot of people quit STDx across a bunch of games. However, they didn't seem to be taking the last few months seriously. I wonder if that's because of the issues internally with STDx as a sponsor or if the timing was more coincidental.

Regardless of the reason why they parted ways, it's definitely a negative that the first sponsored team broke up after about a year. Hopefully Ghost Gaming and Hive (and also Demise, but they're all kids so I won't put that pressure/expectation on them) more than pick up the slack.

Reactions: -*-

Koopon

Roller/Blaster Main
Switch Friend Code
SW-6418-2499-7488
They stuck out from the community. I'm not casting any judgments on them, just pointing out that our community is very grassroots and the teams are like that. But having a sponsored "pro" team just didn't fit in. This doesn't signal a lack of interest in the game as a whole. I'd say it's quite the opposite at the moment.

There will come a tipping point where "pro" sponsors will have a place at the table. Probably gonna happen in the next few years.

Reactions: -*-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom