So What exactly Happened to my Rank

superman

Senior Squid
I was promoted to A today and turned of my Wii U right after the promotion screen because there was other stuff to do. When I returned to Splatoon a couple hours later I find myself back in Rank A- with 80 points.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
The game saves after the win/lose screen. That's why it didnt save the result I guess.

superman

Senior Squid
Ugh, I love Splatoon but from a thechical point of view it's a piece of crap

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
You shouldn't turn off the console while being in the middle of the game anyway when there are savepoints upcoming literally every 15 seconds outside of the matches. There is a risk of corrupting the savefile (I don't know whether the Wii U keeps multiple saves to prevent that to a certain extent, but it would happen on older systems).

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It saves after it's over, you can't turn it off sorry. :confused:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Leaving a game before it is over, whether it be intentional or not, automatically results in a lose.

superman

Senior Squid
the promotion screen is way after the game has ended ... it's after you get the points or rather while you're getting the points, right before it asks you if you want to keep playing

Smashwidget

Full Squid
NNID
Smashwidget
the promotion screen is way after the game has ended ... it's after you get the points or rather while you're getting the points, right before it asks you if you want to keep playing
the game saves when exiting the lobby or going into a new one, after it asks you if you want to keep playing. You screwed up.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I always save by going in and out of a shop before turning Splatoon/Wii U off.

superman

Senior Squid
Yup that I was just saying that the game has ended. Now that I know it's fine.

But I'd like if people stayed objective and not act like you can't criticize splatoon because rank data being stored locally and the other problems splatoon has makes this close to some of the worst software design I have ever seen and I have worked in the IT for quite some time. Match data should be processed and saved on a server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom