Special Weapons Overview.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
An overview of some of the Special Weapons in the game.

An overview of all the Special Weapons on the game.

Last edited:

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
Very cool vid, thanks for posting!

It looks like in terms of damage, the most could be the ink strike or kracken, since all the other specials and sub weapons seems to do a flat amount of damage, as opposed to a set amount.

This leads me to think someone with Defense Up could survive a Killer Wail if they were untouched before it was launched. The Wail did 100 flat damage, and it seems when foes take 100 or more, they splat. So with a reduction, it may put you close to death, but not quite there.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It looks like in terms of damage, the most could be the ink strike or kracken, since all the other specials and sub weapons seems to do a flat amount of damage, as opposed to a set amount.

This leads me to think someone with Defense Up could survive a Killer Wail if they were untouched before it was launched. The Wail did 100 flat damage, and it seems when foes take 100 or more, they splat. So with a reduction, it may put you close to death, but not quite there.
This was what I had in mind as well.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Very nice, obviously not all since we are missing things like the bubbler, but still pretty cool.

I'm looking forward to the inkstrike and the inkzooka myself. Look really awesome. : )

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
My only question is if charged shot is a one shot one kill no matter how much ink resistance / defence someone has. that needs to be tested

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very cool! Thank you for sharing. :)

Xeiros

Senior Squid

Hahahahahha No.

Just no.

Watch

If you need me to explain it to you, the Killer Wail hits both the one and two defense dummies and does get ready for it more than 100 damage to and destroys them! It even does 500 to the one in the back row! Whoa!

Did you honestly believe that a single main defense up ability would be enough to tank a Killer Wail, a special weapon that by its very nature a player must fill a separate meter to even gain access to? Do you have any idea how unbalanced that would be? Do you fathom how worthless it would make the Killer Wail and subsequently how obscenely broken defense up would be if a single instance in a main slot was all it took to neutralize the damage output of a special weapon? Did you really think the developers were that stupid? Give them some credit.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
More defence means more tanking, but i think according to that video @Xeiros provided means Killer Wail is note a single attack type weapon, it deals constant damage as long as it's activated, it might be possible to survive it, if it just brushes you if you have enough defence, otherwise it's an instant death because of the constant damage it deals otherwise.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
My only question is if charged shot is a one shot one kill no matter how much ink resistance / defence someone has. that needs to be tested
I'm 80% sure it's still a one shot one kill no matter the defence and ink resistance someone has. If it isn't the case, Chargers would be slightly underpowered.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
I'm 80% sure it's still a one shot one kill no matter the defence and ink resistance someone has. If it isn't the case, Chargers would be slightly underpowered.
My thoughts exactly. Also realized ink resistance doesn't exactly do what I thought it did. I was under the impression it gave you more "hp" while giving you the added bonus of being resistant to enemy ink a little.

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Ink Resistance Up only reduces penalties for being in enemy ink (damage and movement).

No amount of Defense Up will prevent a fully charged Charger shot from killing. One of the chargers (I think the standard Splat Charger) does 160 base damage. It takes 100 to kill.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Ink Resistance Up only reduces penalties for being in enemy ink (damage and movement).

No amount of Defense Up will prevent a fully charged Charger shot from killing. One of the chargers (I think the standard Splat Charger) does 160 base damage. It takes 100 to kill.
That's good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom