Splat Roller Abilities NOT KRAK-ON!!

kesterstudios

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kesterstudios
I just picked up the vanilla Splat Roller/Hero Roller Replica and I really liked so I decided to main it. Vanilla Splat Roller mains, I need some good advice with abilities!

I was trying to look up some info for this weapon, but this Splat Roller is just overshadowed by its Krak-On brother, so I couldn't find anything useful.

I was thinking about using Bomb range up, cold-blooded, ink resistance up, swim speed, and ink saver main. Are these ok?

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I was thinking about using Bomb range up, cold-blooded, ink resistance up, swim speed, and ink saver main. Are these ok?
All of those sound good. Personally, I run ink resistance on just about everything, but I've heard lots of feedback that ink resistance isn't as necessary on the splat rollers.

The standard quick respawn strategy that works on the krak-on also works with the splat roller. Try:

Backwards Cap :head_cap009::ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Green Check Shirt :clothes_shirt002::ability_bombrange:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Choco Clogs :shoes_sdl001::ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

This is basically a Quick Respawn set for the vanilla roller. Make use of the bomb range up for the suction bombs; a great zoning sub that gives you some range. This set is aggressive because the quick respawn lets you try for trades easier. Special Saver since you will be dying a lot and to have your special sooner.
If bomb range doesn't suit you then go for this you'll have more swim speed and quick respawn subs over it:
Squid-Stitch Tee:clothes_tes017::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The Splat Roller is vastly underrated due to its Krak-On counterpart. It's actually a very useful weapon and I personally prefer it over the Krak-On - this could be due to the fact that I hate using Squid Beakons though. :P Anyway~ I'm a roller main as well. Even though I use the Carbon Roller mostly, I've used the Splat Roller/Hero Roller often as well so I can offer a little advice. :)

Bomb Range Up is very useful for the Splat Roller. It'll definitely help with those pesky chargers or any foe who is high up. It's definitely something worth looking into. If you're up for the challenge, I'd recommend the Pilot Googles and going for a triple Bomb Rage Up. That might be really hard though. The unfortunate part about Bomb Range is that no brand has a heightened chance of it so it's purely up to luck.

Swim Speed would also be very good for any roller. It's important for rollers to move around quickly and Swim Speed is often the best for this. Ignore Run Speed though. Run Speed has zero effect on rollers.

Cold Blooded is also another good ability. Stealth is a big part of using a roller. If you're pinned down for 14 seconds, it makes it very hard to be stealthy. This is especially worse if an E-Liter has used it. You definitely don't want to be pinned down by an E-Liter of all things. I'm usually running Cold Blooded on the Splat Roller when I decide to use it. :)

Ink Saver (Main) and Ink Recovery would also be good. The roller can easily use a lot of ink so if you can get some Ink Saver or Ink Recovery going, it'll help a lot in keeping you mobile and dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom