• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest rant

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
Seriously, Nintendo need to change the way they handle Splatfests.

Firstly, I think it's dumb that JPN, US, and EU have separate fests when they have the same exact topic. Just make the splatfest last for longer to benefit everyone's timezones, simple. It was very disappointing when me and my friends organised a Ketchup squad only to discover that we were banned from playing with each other because we were from different regions. If Nintendo are going to have separate splatfests, then at least have different ones for each region to make it more unique.

Also, mirror battles are really annoying, and they don't count towards the overall score. This gives the more popular side an unfair disadvantage, which doesn't make any sense. There's really not much point playing if you aren't going to affect the results. Even if it means longer waiting times for matches, I would like Nintendo to get rid of mirrors. Rant over

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
The alternative to mirrors is no matches at all / waiting upwards of 10+mins to find a game, and the reason for the region locked splatfests is because of ping.
Sorry, but what is 'ping'. I don't know what u mean by it.

And I wouldn't mind waiting for a match. 10 mins to find a game is a little exaggerated, it wouldn't be that inconvenient

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The alternative to mirrors is no matches at all / waiting upwards of 10+mins to find a game, and the reason for the region locked splatfests is because of ping.
Also, sometimes the regions with have an entirely different splatfest topic. Especially in Japan.

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
Also, sometimes the regions with have an entirely different splatfest topic. Especially in Japan.
Of course, when the Topic are different, then the splatfests will be split. But when everyone gets the same topic (e.g. Mayo vs Ketchup) we should have 1 unified splatfest

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
And I wouldn't mind waiting for a match. 10 mins to find a game is a little exaggerated, it wouldn't be that inconvenient
You were not here for the beginning of the first game's fests, then.

Glacei

Inkster Jr.
Frankly, the dittos are completely justified for not counting for anything. The popular side already would have the popularity point in the bag, so having the wider mix of good and bad players randomly fighting the unpopular team works to equalize it. At first I did believe the new system for ranked was unbalanced, but I'm looking back on it now and it really is pretty good. The region lock is understandable, and since they tweaked how many super sea snails the losing team participants get to (from what I can see) 3 less than the winning participants of the same rank, it really doesn't seem too bad either way as long as you worked hard for your team.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Sorry, but what is 'ping'. I don't know what u mean by it.

Your ping is basically your connection. If your ping is bad, your connection is bad.

Hamachiカマ★

Full Squid
Seriously, Nintendo need to change the way they handle Splatfests.

Firstly, I think it's dumb that JPN, US, and EU have separate fests when they have the same exact topic. Just make the splatfest last for longer to benefit everyone's timezones, simple. It was very disappointing when me and my friends organised a Ketchup squad only to discover that we were banned from playing with each other because we were from different regions. If Nintendo are going to have separate splatfests, then at least have different ones for each region to make it more unique.

Also, mirror battles are really annoying, and they don't count towards the overall score. This gives the more popular side an unfair disadvantage, which doesn't make any sense. There's really not much point playing if you aren't going to affect the results. Even if it means longer waiting times for matches, I would like Nintendo to get rid of mirrors. Rant over
Nooooo way. I would not want an unlocked region splatfest. Japan gets priority thus sometimes there is a tiny bit of lag. Also there are more try hards because more people play there and it's much more popular.

Also yes the wait would be 10 min plus even when I played with friends sometimes the wait was 5 min or we'd get disconnected and have to try again.

I enjoy splatfest being separated, personally. I wish they'd open up turf war, I like playing with everyone then :-)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wish they compiled the win%'s+votes from all the regions and give us one global result instead of different results for each region whenever we have a global theme.(But, unless they can bring back global matchmaking, I suppose this is a moot point since we're already pretty segregated as things currently stand =[ )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom