Splatling user rant

Chronya

Full Squid
NNID
Chronometro
Do you remember net near the zone on Flounder? Everybody can shoot to the zone standing on this net. Except splatlings. Do you remember square blocks on zones on Port Mackerel and Camp Triggerfish? Everybody can shoot over it. Except splatlings. It's harder to shoot someone on the top or bottom, you have to move farther than others. And all because of barrels' position. I don't think most of the maps were designed with Splatlings in mind.

Another problem - teammates usually don't know how to play with splatling in team. For exaple: Camp Triggerfish, Splat Zones. We had e-liter, splatling (me) and 2 shooters (52 gal and tentatek). Sniper took mid (of course) and shooters went to the right. What the heck? They left me worst place (left side of the map) for splatling at the match beginning. What the point? And it happens all the time.
Sorry for my bad English, haven't practised for a quite long time.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well team comp awareness isn't a Splatling exclusive issue, though yeah the Splatling's lower barrel can make some shots awkward but I don't find that to be too much of a problem.

Diogo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supercanito
it all depends on point of view. camp trig. you reach other side like almost no one.
and to be on the "worst side" sometimes it can happen to everybody and i just see it as a challenge or a different start of game and if doing well the feeling is twice as good.
of course there are little and specific obstacles limitations but the power it has over so many other places and situations override that a lot.
so, no big deal. this is not a weapon for everybody, i know. and that's good.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I've been thinking about this issue, and I think one of the reasons why the Heavy Deco has such a cohesive kit, is that you can still throw a point sensor over these places you can't shoot, to get an advantage, while the others, except Zimi, don't have the ability to throw anything to get this advantage as easily. It is a problem for many sections, I can only suggest jumping, and most of all letting your enemies play themselves; as in, let them approach, don't approach them. This gives you the advantage as long as you know what they are planning.

The teamwork problem is alleviated by just playing for your team, and not making them play for you. Yes this can suck, but you are the support, not them. Yes you can top frag, you can have the best K/D and what not, but your ultimate goal is still of a supportive nature. I find that if you support your teammates, they support you back much easier than expecting them to help you first. The example you gave unfortunately can happen, I don't think it's a bad position for a splatling, but not great, what I would suggest for these situations is be more assertive, go right instead, since you will have a better time there (at least I do). Just make your team know your intentions, and impose your position a little more, since they can be far more flexible.

Overall though, splatling gameplay, and teamwork has improved tremendously since the August update. Yes that only had vanilla Heavy, but it was still somewhat rare for months to see many splatlings, the sloshers remained far more popular. It may only be a matter of experience, since only the Hydra has been touched directly by the patches, but experience playing, and playing with splatlings has increased a lot, and it makes me happy to see these weapons finally getting some limelight, even becoming prominent in the meta.

So stay strong splatling mains, and know that we can only go up, since it seems unlikely that the weapons themselves will be touched by the patches, and our experience will also only go up, and we can overcome these slight issues.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've been thinking about this issue, and I think one of the reasons why the Heavy Deco has such a cohesive kit, is that you can still throw a point sensor over these places you can't shoot, to get an advantage, while the others, except Zimi, don't have the ability to throw anything to get this advantage as easily. It is a problem for many sections, I can only suggest jumping, and most of all letting your enemies play themselves; as in, let them approach, don't approach them. This gives you the advantage as long as you know what they are planning.

The teamwork problem is alleviated by just playing for your team, and not making them play for you. Yes this can suck, but you are the support, not them. Yes you can top frag, you can have the best K/D and what not, but your ultimate goal is still of a supportive nature. I find that if you support your teammates, they support you back much easier than expecting them to help you first. The example you gave unfortunately can happen, I don't think it's a bad position for a splatling, but not great, what I would suggest for these situations is be more assertive, go right instead, since you will have a better time there (at least I do). Just make your team know your intentions, and impose your position a little more, since they can be far more flexible.

Overall though, splatling gameplay, and teamwork has improved tremendously since the August update. Yes that only had vanilla Heavy, but it was still somewhat rare for months to see many splatlings, the sloshers remained far more popular. It may only be a matter of experience, since only the Hydra has been touched directly by the patches, but experience playing, and playing with splatlings has increased a lot, and it makes me happy to see these weapons finally getting some limelight, even becoming prominent in the meta.

So stay strong splatling mains, and know that we can only go up, since it seems unlikely that the weapons themselves will be touched by the patches, and our experience will also only go up, and we can overcome these slight issues.
I approve this message :ability_damage:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom