• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2 Meta Weapons Summary (9/29-10/5)

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
The calm before the storm. This is the final week before the version 1.4 update which is looking to be quite the major shake-up. Prepare for some big changes to the meta in the weeks ahead. Until then, here are the top 10 most common weapons used by players who reached the top 100 League teams over the past week. This is a change from the previous methodology, which looked at the top 10 teams, so changes over the week may be a reflection of that and not the meta in general. As always, this data is courtesy of http://splatoon2db.info/tips/171006_01

1) Splattershot (15.9%)

2) Sloshing Machine (7.7%)

3) Aerospray RG (5.2%)

4) Splat Roller (5.1%)

5) .52 Gal (4.5%)

6) Tentatek Splattershot (3.7%)

7) Luna Blaster (3.7%)

8) N-ZAP 85 (3.7%)

9) Splattershot Jr. (3.1%)

10) Rapid Blaster (3.1%)

-Not much change in the top 10. Blaster is out and N-ZAP is back in. However, the usage of all weapons has become more comparable. With the exception of the Splattershot, the percentages of the top 10 have decreased. Likewise, the usage of non-top 10 weapons is the highest it has ever been at 44.2%. Hopefully this trend will continue after the update.

-The Luna Blaster has usurped the Rapid Blaster as the most popular Blaster. This may be a temporary reversal however considering the coming nerfs to Baller.

-The Splat Charger and Splatterscope combined would rank at #6 on this list with a combined popularity of 4.4%.

-The least used weapon is, you guessed it, the Flingza Roller.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Thanks for sharing as always. I feel like the rapid blaster base is going to continue to splinter between the RB original and RB pro. With clash blaster buffs coming, maybe the luna and clash will start to split? Especially with a luna nerf.

N-Zap gonna jump next week is my guess. SSP, too.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Yeah, Clash may eat a little of the Luna's lunch. Sloshing Machine gets an inking nerf, but not a big one, so I don't expect it to suffer much. All Baller weapons will probably drop. Tentatek + Special Power Up, Junior + Special Power Up, and N-ZAP + Special Power Up might enter the meta and get a boost, with the buffs to that ability. I wouldn't be surprised if the .96 + SPU got a huge boost with the massive buffs it got, although I don't expect it to reach Top 10 right away. Not sure what'll happen to the SSP/Forge--it's getting a good boost but I'm not sure why it's not already meta, it's a great weapon.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Not sure what'll happen to the SSP/Forge--it's getting a good boost but I'm not sure why it's not already meta, it's a great weapon.
As it stands when Splat 2 was first released, the SSP/Forge was not the updated version with increased speed shots. The one we have is incredibly slower and its the main reason why its mid tier because it rarely can keep up with ambushes/turf ground. The kit is a different story but the gun itself has been nerfed back to its old state without the previous stats getting transferred over.

I'm actually crying at how good it will be now.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Am I the only one who prefers the original SSP’s kit? Man, point sensors and ink storm is such a good combo for helping your team get splats and controlling areas. I already loved this gun. I think the buffs will mean I’m messing with it more.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
You certainly aren't! I love point sensors, especially with the long-ish range and high ink consumption of the SSP, and I still find the Bubble Blower to be pretty situational. It'll definitely be getting even more love from me.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I haven't had much trouble facing against enemy Sloshing Machines yet, I wonder what made it so popular all of the sudden. I guess the Stingray buff was all that it needed to be a top tier weapon (with the main weapon and sub also being good)?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Point sensors are underrated, i like them since i play supportive usualy.
And its especially good on long range weapons. (Love it on the long barrel nozzlenose)

Weird thing is i barely see sloshing machines in the game, even in S ranked.
I don't use it myself so i can't see how good it is but i take the word of the general meta.

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
Point sensors are underrated, i like them since i play supportive usualy.
And its especially good on long range weapons. (Love it on the long barrel nozzlenose)
I like Point Sensors as well, especially with the Squiffer. It's always funny to watch how people react once they are tagged. A lot of times they just stop moving and hide in their ink and I'm like "uh... I can still see you."

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I like Point Sensors as well, especially with the Squiffer. It's always funny to watch how people react once they are tagged. A lot of times they just stop moving and hide in their ink and I'm like "uh... I can still see you."
It's amazing. I usually play as a rapid blaster or rapid pro, so I laugh to myself and go at them, knowing they just dropped a decent portion of ink on their sub. I'm a blaster. It's not like I'm trying to hide anyway.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I would like to see more point sensors being used in the matches I get into. They are a great supportive tool and they are more useful since there is no Echolocator to do it's job but better in every way.

Also, like has been mentioned, the upcoming buffs to the SSP/Forge and the .96 Gal are making me jump for joy! The idea that I can use these weapons more effectively makes me super happy! Not so sure about facing off against them though. Also very much looking forward to the Mini Splatling buff! Now if only we could get the Zimi back.

SquiddyJC

Inkling
SS Jr. at #9? I don't run into my brethren often. N-Zap is definitely more common, but I've honestly seen more Tri-Sloshers than Jr.'s (even post-patch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom