• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

splatoon 2 octo expansion dlc

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
hey guys! i haven't really posted a lot in a while, but I've heard at the latest nintendo direct that in the 3.0.0 update of splatoon, a new PAID DLC will release in mid-summer, called Octo Expansion. Most of you already purchased it. For those of you who don't know about this already, I'll show you.

octolings have been confirmed as of now to be playable when completing the campaign. when you start the mode, agent 8, or the player, wakes up in an old subway station, memories all lost. there are a total of almost 80 levels to complete!

when i viewed the trailer for this newly paid DLC, the atmosphere gave off an 80s neon vibe. Agent 3 is also in the trailer! And the thing that stands out the most about agent 8 is that she 'looks like an octoling' as the narrator stated in the trailer. Capn Cuttlefish is back, with a sleek new style, along with Pearl, or MC Princess, and DJ E-DA, or Marina.

some of the levels look pretty 80s - 90s like. And it also appears that the atmosphere of some of the levels appear to look like the place is way far from octo valley/octo canyon. of course, because it's hub setting is an underground subway station.

and would you look at that! right behind agent 8 appears to be a floating gamecube! Lots more appear in the background aswell. this level seems to be heavily polluted with floating waste.

as agent 8 glides through the pole with the dualie squelchers, colorful discs are hanging in the sky. i assume they seem to be music discs of a certain band. there are some mechanics brought from the first campaign to this new single player mode.

now this image is my favorite. of course, the specials are brought back from the first campaign to this one. i see that there's a gameboy floating in the background along with another device that's running squid jump. i assume that the images on the left resemble band album images.

not only does the player wield one weapon, now this mode allows the player to gain access to some of the classic weapons in splatoon, such as the hydra splatling agent 8 is holding in this image. and the fact the background shows like the stage is underwater looks pretty nice, and the kelp and the balloons leave a nice touch.

so, what do you think of this new dlc? comment below! i think it's great, but im not interested in pre-purchasing it. and for a fact that it's 80 levels kinda surprises me, due to the fact that the first single player mode has 27 levels like in splatoon 1. nonetheless, it looks pretty detailed and nice!

xpheonix393x

Inkling
NNID
xpheonix393x
It all looks pretty good to me. I got really excited and pre-purchased it. I like that they are finally letting us play the octolings and I am waiting to see how the gear is going to look on them, especially with the "hair" the way it is.
Nice wrap up and closer look at some of the things I didn't catch when I watched the video btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom