• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

decepticon

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7090-2480-1158
So, this is my first Splatoon game. I tried the single player section of Splatoon and when I got to Slimeskin Garrinson it started to get more frustrating. I know that levels get more difficult as you progress further. But this isn't the case. When you lose a life in single player it automatically sets you way back to your last checkpoint and it can get extremely infuriating. Especially when you get past a section where many enemies are. Like I said, this is my first Splatoon game. It probably won't be a problem when I progress further into the game.

mvsdkrocks

Inkster Jr.
Well, I think this game is a lot more forgiving than the first game. (I played both game's story modes to completion) In Splatoon 2 you get armor at all times that let you take as much damage as it would normally take to kill you but still hold on. Sure movement is slower, but you can try and hide in your ink for a quick recovery (quicker than just staying in inkling form that is) (Ooh and don't forget, if your armor breaks, hitting the next checkpoint will restore it instantly so sometimes rushing past enemies is a valid tactic). I think it's kinda hard to actually die in this game. (I will admit though I did actually game over on the final boss but I was still trying to learn his patterns) I agree with that comment though, sometimes if there is a case where you do die the checkpoints can appear to be a bit spread out at times, making going back a bit frustrating. However (keep in mind that this is coming from someone who went and 1000% completed this game's story mode) I really think that the single player gets easier as you progress. You start learning typical patterns and where secrets are most likely to be. Once you learn how certain things work I found that the single player can be a blast to speedrun!

I would recommend playing the game guide free, I was able to get most of the secrets without one, (ended up using one to find 1 sunken scroll and 2 sardinium after beating the game.) but if you are getting stuck a lot, let me know, maybe I could help by giving some advice :D

(Or just look up a guide, I won't judge you ;))

EVI

Inkling
NNID
WolfQueen227
I've actually had trouble with certain levels in Splatoon 2 single player, like the level where Sheldon gives you the Hero Splat Charger for the first time. I spent 30 minutes at the very end of the level with the stupid fan powered platforms, and ended up rage quitting because I was just so done with trying to get the platforms close enough together and attempting to aim what is admittedly my worst weapon. I can not use the Splat Charger properly and effectively to save my life, let alone aim it above me while keeping platforms close enough and dodging freaking blimps.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Some sections where just frustrating not hard but simpl annoying, overall i hope the completely rework the singleplayer in Splatoon 3.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
There is already a pinned thread dedicated to single player discussions. Please use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom