Splatoon 2 v Splatoon 3

Squidilicious

Full Squid
I played splatoon 2 up to like S+3 in 2018 and just picked up splatoon 3 and got back into it and I don't really like how the ranked modes work. I'm in C but I'm sometimes matched with people in S or S+ and then the fact that you can't rank down means you can rank up given enough time even if you can't hang... there was more excitement with the bars and cracks and fears of ranking down in S2

I'm also bummed by the stages in this game... they're like more cramped with less flanks and more chokepoints

It seems like they're trying to design it to be better for casual players but I am a casual player and I liked the last game better

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
the thing about splatoon 3s matchmatching and points system is its a LOT larger of a grind then splatoon 2, you basically have to do series and go 4-2 min to get to the next rank, and when doing series starts costing 170 points it adds up very quickly when you get bad series

map design was a lot worse at launch but I can't say its particually good either - although I'd argue some of it is holdouts from splatoon 2 map design, the hallway like design of some of the launch maps in the game was extremely atrocious(eeltail/hammer/etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom