• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3 Weapon Tier List: Version 1.1.2

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
my-image.png

Here is my tier list for Splatoon 3 v.1.1.2!
The "Good by Technicality" tier is for the weapons that are only good right now because they can spam Tentamissiles.
The "Bad by Technicality" tier is for the Splat Brella and Tentabrella because there are numerous glitches involving the Brella shield that have not been patched out of the game yet, rendering these weapons inconsistent and unplayable as of now.

Let me know what you think! Do you agree with my placements? Do you disagree? Do you have any questions about why I've placed certain weapons where I have? let me know.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Can we just not with the tier lists in general, please? These only encourage bad behavior and negativity in the community. It's especially ridiculous because this is a team-based game, this sort of thing makes more sense for fighting games and other one-on-one encounters - between maps and modes and the 7 other players in the match "high-tier" weapons can still get stomped like anything else. Even talking about match-ups becomes a stretch because how often are you engaging just one opponent in Splatoon?

I feel like the game is decently balanced currently, in terms of weapons anyway. Most every weapon has a chance to do their thing since armor and MPU aren't plaguing the game anymore. I don't see the need for this, but that's my take. Carry on.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Can we just not with the tier lists in general, please? These only encourage bad behavior and negativity in the community. It's especially ridiculous because this is a team-based game, this sort of thing makes more sense for fighting games and other one-on-one encounters - between maps and modes and the 7 other players in the match "high-tier" weapons can still get stomped like anything else. Even talking about match-ups becomes a stretch because how often are you engaging just one opponent in Splatoon?

I feel like the game is decently balanced currently, in terms of weapons anyway. Most every weapon has a chance to do their thing since armor and MPU aren't plaguing the game anymore. I don't see the need for this, but that's my take. Carry on.
I agree 100%. Tier lists are not a good way to evaluate weapons in Splatoon at all for pretty much all the reasons you mentioned. Also yeah, tier list never really seem to produce any worthwhile discussions.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310

I agree with most of this. Tier lists really aren’t a good fit for Splat because it is a team game. If someone were to make a tier list equivalent but with team comps instead of individual weapons, that would be a lot better. If you want to look at this in a way that’s more applicable to Splat, everything in B tier and above goes into “generally works” and everything below that “generally doesn’t work.”If you notice, the majority of the weapons in this game work. Nintendo has done a really good job at balancing the game. There are a few standouts that are running the meta right now, namely Sloshing Machine and Splat Charger, but most weapons work if your comp is well put together.

That being said, I don’t think there is a problem at all in arguing that some weapons are more viable than others. There will always be better or worse options in any game. I’m not sure I get what you’re talking about when you bring up negativity in the community, or how making a tier list contributes to that.

Really, I'm just trying to start discussion on this poor site.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I am going to say something tier lists aren't bad neccesarily but this tier list is a little too broad

For example the L-3 is an amazing weapon in the right hands especially in Splat zone due to its high coverage potential and abiltity to flank with its sub and wall out enemies with the crab tank.

If you want to make a tier list my reccomendation is 1st break it down to each mode
Like L-3 is great in most modes but terrible in tower control and situational in RM
Whereas the Jetsquelcher is amazing in CB

If you want to make a list it would have to be a serperate list for each of the ranked modes and....probably turf, people are likely to disagree still but it is alot easier to breakdown from there

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693

Calling out bad kits that are outclassed is a good way to let people know to not waste their time with them, just to learn that they're losing before they enter a match. If you have a game like this, meta discussion is inevitable, and a good thing, actually.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
IDK about if tier lists are good or bad, though I'm inclined to say that any tier list that includes many weapons I play above the fold can't possibly be right. And I never thought I'd see the day when inkbrush is a high tier weapon on any list. o_O

I agree with most of this. Tier lists really aren’t a good fit for Splat because it is a team game. If someone were to make a tier list equivalent but with team comps instead of individual weapons, that would be a lot better.
If somebody makes that list, can they please mail it to Nintendo so they can build a working matchmaker out of it? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom