Splatoon Tournament happening in Europe where the winning team will take home the Nintendo NX!

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/07/europes-best-splatoon-team-can-win-a-nintendo-nx-system/
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/07/europes-best-splatoon-team-can-win-a-nintendo-nx-system/
The first weekly cup takes place this Sunday afternoon, with players on the cup-winning team each receiving an item of official Splatoon clothing signed by members of the Splatoon development team. The top teams of each weekly tournament will earn Go4Splatoon ranking points, and each calendar month, the eight teams with the most ranking points will proceed to the following month’s Europe Monthly Final, with September’s highest-ranked teams going through to the monthly cup in mid-October.

As the season goes on, the stakes get higher, as the victorious side in each monthly cup will proceed to the grand final in 2017. This ultimate splat showdown will reveal Europe’s best Splatoon team, and each player on the winning side will receive Nintendo’s next video game system, code-named NX.

Teams ready to put their skills to the test can sign up for the first tournament on the ESL Go4Splatoon website, where further details about tournaments and full rules and regulations can also be found.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Holy cow, and we don't even know what the NX actually is. Crazy.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I knew about this ESL partnership about a month ago, they only just announced that the winning team will each get an NX. This tournament is running for 6 months, which means that we can at least expect the NX to come out in Spring provided the prizes are given at the time. This would most likely hit April-May as the likely launch period, and giving it away as a prize is going to be publicity of sorts (depending on how hard NoE/UK advertises this) which would time well with an April/May launch date. As for this tournament, I certainly won't be entering, for one I don't even have a team or even the potential for a European team, and for another, I know I'm nowhere near good enough to even stand a chance of winning the tournament. We have the likes of top European Splatoon teams signing up, and we already have confirmation that DUDE is teaming with Sendou, Nikey and NKitten. This will be very high level and I would not be comfortable with competing in something like this. Good luck to those that will take part though! It's great to see Nintendo showing support for both Splatoon and European players, as we all know that Ninty very often ignore us when it comes to cool events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom