• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Weapon Ideas

SuperSplatoonFan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SonicFan36
My first idea, Add a new weapon category. It would be a grenade launcher. Kind of like the blaster, but affected by gravity, and there would be a variety that exploded on contact, and a delayed grenade.

Poptart

Inkling
NNID
SpyCrab18
I once had a dream where I was playing on Blackbelly Skatepark and I was using a new weapon. After waking up, I realised the weapon had a similar function to the Stickybomb Launcher from Team Fortress 2.

Not that it's going to happen.

SuperSplatoonFan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SonicFan36
Hey, ya never know right. So we have
2 new ideas. Well I have another one. Add a new Gatling gun (like the hydra splatling). It would have 4 barrels, charge fast, but shoot slowly and for a long time. It would have Really good range.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
A paint vacuum type weapon that sucks up enemy ink and fills your tank. It comes with a unique sub: tank refills. you throw an extra ink container on the ground and any teammates that run over it get a full tank. The special would be something like an ink firehose.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I remember those big tank, Proton Pack, water hose style water guns as a kid. Create something based from that. It would work like a splatling to fire a continuous stream of ink.

A new charger-like weapon would be a slingshot with a burst bomb or blaster-like impact. But I think the developers already thought of something like that but was dropped.

And because we need more melee weapons, perhaps something based off an eraser or pool noodle? No ideas on how either would operate.

A new subweapon would be a frisbee that would act like a sprinkler while in-flight.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Something like a plunger whose only form of attack is a small AOE burst centered on the user that instant kills. Subs would be non-damaging. It can stick to walls, make high jumps, and you can use it to hop through enemy ink, but you can't swim.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
My first idea, Add a new weapon category. It would be a grenade launcher. Kind of like the blaster, but affected by gravity, and there would be a variety that exploded on contact, and a delayed grenade.
I would think of a combination between a Blaster and a Charger, which gets more range and more powerful shots the more you charge it.
Also a new shooter that has low range and damage, a medium fire speed, and high accuracy. But the main draw would be using almost no ink, meaning you rarely have to reload.

Wothur

Full Squid
NNID
Wothur
And because we need more melee weapons, perhaps something based off an eraser or pool noodle? No ideas on how either would operate.
The concept of running into battle wielding a paint-soaked pool noodle is absolutely hilarious to me.

Does anyone remember blowing air into one side of a noodle to make water burst out? Maybe it could work like that, with a chargeable burst of paint for killing enemies, and violent shaking for covering turf, like a charger/blaster + Inkbrush hybrid.

(I cant imagine anyone running very fast dragging around a giant noodle, though.)

This could be YOU

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
... goodbye Ansible the no-main and hello Ansible the Inknoodle main.

And thus its variants were also named the Soba Inknoodle and Ramen Inknoodle!

RealEpic21

Inkling
NNID
RealEpic21
Switch Friend Code
SW-0225-8332-0439
So it's basically a mini rainmaker. That would be awesome. It could be a bow and arrow if not a slingshot. Would work the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom