• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon WiiU Pre-purchase?

Liamface

Serving fishy realness
Does anyone know when we will be able to pre-purchase Splatoon on the WiiU? I've seen on certain videos that some people appeared to have the option to pre-purchase through the demo, however my version of the demo never gave me the opportunity (always advertising the game's release on the 27th).

I'm playing from Australia, so I don't know if this means I won't have access to it if it's already on the store for pre-purchase. I've double checked a few minutes ago and only the demo and videos are on the eStore.

If anyone is able to pre-purchase it, how much was it in your currency? I'm just trying to gauge whether or not I should buy the physical copy for $80 at EBGames or JB HIFI, or if the online copy will be significantly cheaper (especially with the discount for playing during GTF).

BuoyantPigeon

Inkling
I'm facing the same decision. Didn't have the option to pre-purchase in the UK either. I'm guessing it's the US that had the option but could be wrong.

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
Currently, I believe pre-purchase options are only available for release in NA, EU, and JP regions. I'm not sure if digital pre-purchase will be available in other regions, but I bet you could dig around the net and find out.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
I've already pre-purchased it and have it installed on my system. It's been there since before even the Global Testfire happened. I paid $59.99 USD for it.

Not sure what all regions it's available in... all I did was go to Splatoon's entry in the eShop and it let me purchase and download the game. I also saw an option to order it from the Nintendo website, in which case you're emailed a download code to put into the eShop to activate the game.

If neither of those options are available in your region, it could very well be that they just don't plan to have pre-purchasing there, considering how close we're getting to launch. Just keep checking, I guess.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I pre-purchased it before downloading the demo. I think it might be a region thing, perhaps? My console's region is NA.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You can pre-purchase it now, at least in US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom