Splatterhopping

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Its not pointless at all.. Why are people so blind.
yeah this is actually a really effective technique

matches in splatoon are SO short. turf war is just 3 minutes, and splat zones are just 5 and are often finished before that time limit is up, rarely going into overtime. we have yet to see what the time limits are for rainmaker and tower control, but we can probably guess around 5 minutes as well

because you barely have time to get what needs to be done in splatoon, optimizing your movement that makes getting from point a to point b is going to be essential

WydrA

Inkling Commander
i was impressed with this till i played the game again at pax east. being in more ink not exposing yourself for mobility sake is more important to me and if someone sees you doing this, you're going to get splattered because you're not covering enough area for mobility/stealthiness/escapability. i know people will argue its merit but i'd rather have more room to maneuver than a small pool that i keep jumping to.

only 1 game in the last 2 days have i seen someone do this, they tried to avoid me but i knew they were in that specific spot, they wasted so much time hiding then died then i covered that whole area after killing them.

it's gimmicky and pointless to me personally with no added benefit over just moving quickly in ink on the ground. line of sighting anyone out of squid form is not as awesome or as quick as LOSing someone in squid form.
If you're trying to get to an important place speed is more important than stealth.

lol irony
That's not irony.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
i was impressed with this till i played the game again at pax east. being in more ink not exposing yourself for mobility sake is more important to me and if someone sees you doing this, you're going to get splattered because you're not covering enough area for mobility/stealthiness/escapability. i know people will argue its merit but i'd rather have more room to maneuver than a small pool that i keep jumping to.

only 1 game in the last 2 days have i seen someone do this, they tried to avoid me but i knew they were in that specific spot, they wasted so much time hiding then died then i covered that whole area after killing them.

it's gimmicky and pointless to me personally with no added benefit over just moving quickly in ink on the ground. line of sighting anyone out of squid form is not as awesome or as quick as LOSing someone in squid form.
If nothing else, it at least seems like it's going to be paramount to early central map control.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
The only way I see this being considered "useless" is if some other tech does a better job of these objectives than s-hop does. Like maybe s-dash.

Kibzu

Inkling
NNID
KirambazToKibz
The thing that I dont get is all the hate on it.. Its a great mobility option. You can get to an objective while your team take the starting areas you didnt fill and move on to another area. People just dont understand..

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
The only way I see this being considered "useless" is if some other tech does a better job of these objectives than s-hop does. Like maybe s-dash.
sding is not nearly as fast as shing

the only benefit to it over shing is more ink coverage, so its useful for the early game when youre rolling out, but not as an all around movement tech

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Even if sding turns out to be faster, uninkable surfaces like the grates in Walleye Warehouse and glass in Urchin Underpass make it impossible to use in certain routes while shing can go over them. So I feel that there's no major threat to the viability of the shing. We need to run some time trials to clearly and factually settle the debate of which one is faster, ideally on a flat area.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I imagine Splatterhopping will be quite popular for getting around, if it works effectively that is. :)

Drexel

Inkling
NNID
Valk54
Been playing around with this and I am enjoying it. This is great for cutting into enemy turf and also I've done well using it to escape from tight spots.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Splatterhoping is good for escaping but i dont see many people using it

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I could only see this as useful as a get-away tactic, or you can use this while rushing to the zone in Splat Zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom