(Spoilers) The File Names of the Weapons Provide Good Insight

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So I was looking through the data of the weapons that were leaked a while back.

The file names I believe provide a nice window for what the developers were thinking when designing each weapon. And what archetype they could fit in.

So two quick notes, rebrands are just simply 01 of the regular version. For example:
Splattershot's file name is: wst_shot_normal00. Tentatkek Splattershot is wst_shot_normal01.

The hero versions don't use numberings instead, just adds an h to the end. So the Hero charger replica is:

wst_charger_normalh

Let's start with the subs.

For the bombs:
Seeker is: wsb_bomb_chase
Burst is: wsb_bomb_handy
Suction is: wsb_bomb_hold
Splat is: wsb_bomb_throw

Seeker and splat are self explanatory, though, I am curious on handy and hold.

The bomb rushes are labeled wsp_freebombs_(insert bomb). FREEBOMBS! :D

Strangely, the disruptor is called: wsb_devilba. The devil and ba parts confuse me.

Now onto the main weapons.

First up is, the bamboozler.

Some people were questioning what kind of weapon this was. Looking at the file name makes it clear:
wst_charge_light00

So it is indeed a charger. But the light part is most interesting.

There has been a stat that hasn't been messed around with too much for the chargers being the mobility stat. The most mobile chargers are the Squiffers at half, and the least are Eliters at basically nothing. So it will be interesting to see a charger that could take advantage of it.

Next up are the brushes. The paintbrush we have now is called:
wst_roller_brushmini00

So this is the small version of the paintbrushes. The octobrush found in the datamine is the normal version. As shown in the file name being:
wst_roller_brushnormal00

Next are the aerosprays. Now when everyone first saw this weapon, it reminded people of a flamethrower. Well, the file name seems to confirm that that was what it was based on:
wst_shot_blaze00

When it comes to blasters, while they still have "shot" in the name, (meaning they are still technically shooters), all of them have "exp" before each of the next word.

Rapid Blaster:
wst_shot_explight00

Blaster:
wst_shot_expmiddle00

The splattershot jr is:
wst_shot_first00
Felt like pointing it out since it was interesting how they identified this weapon entirely on the fact that you get it first. Not even "beginner."

The last two I want to talk about are the gals.

.52 gals are:
wst_shot_gravity
.96 gals are:
wst_shot_heavy

Now, I'm not too big of an fps guy, so if anyone could tell me if heavy and gravity mean anything in fps terms that would be good.

Anyway, here's a link to the rest of the files, (not mine btw):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/doaufjg7ulr1pop/AADAPvv7bDEZIR7DOoB6xmNJa?dl=0

Feel free to talk about your highlights from these or what you like or are curious about with names.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
the "exp" in the blasters stands for explosion if you did not know.

the "gravity" in the name of .52 Gal is possibly loosely related to the fact that gravity is measured in the exact unit for force. "heavy" is related to weight, which is in fact the direct effect of gravity itself.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Hey I am back, and I have a theory for why the disruptor is has "devil" in its file name (now hold on tight since this is only a possibility). When you use a disruptor, have you noticed the small arrows that circle and fly around an enemy? These little arrows seem to look like flies themselves. In Christianity, there are multiple names for the devil himself, but one of the most commonly known names for him is "Beelzebub". Beelzebub is in fact depicted as a Demonic Fly, and his name even means "Lord of the Flies."

Yeah I know it is a stretch, but it still is a possibility. As for the "ba" in the weapons name I don't know what it means yet, but the point sensor has it in its file name as well, so it might have to deal with both of these weapons being bombs that don't deal damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom