• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Squeezer Strats

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Squeezer recently came out, so I made this thread to discuss everything about it. As a Jet Squelcher main, I LOVE this thing! I want your strats, your sets, and your opinions on the Squeezer!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I play like a Splattershot. Move fast, kill fast, lots of speed, no remorse.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
The Squeezer is a really fun weapon to play with. The only problem is that I jerk my controller upwards when mashing the shooting button, so it's something I'll need to get used to.

For sets, I'm still not entirely sure. I guess the Sloshine sets people use for Stingray work. I generally run out of ink really quickly with the thing, so Ink Recovery or Ink Saver Main might work. loadout.ink doesn't have the Squeezer yet, so I can't look at the numbers to see how much Ink Saver Main gives it. One cool thing is that a pure of Ink Saver Sub drops Splash Wall below 50% ink consumption. That's something to consider if you want to run Splash Wall with the thing. Sub Power Up gives the wall a good bit of health as well.

Yeah, I can see the Squeezer having a good variety of sets compliment it.

For how to play it....don't jerk the controller upwards when mashing the shoot button? Admittedly me and everyone else who tries to use it has trouble getting over 600 turf with it, and we know to use the rapid fire option for turfing.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's been a very successful weapon for me so far. Win or lose in battles, I perform well in my matches with it. The wall has been surprisingly useful, I've been getting a lot of combos with setting down a wall, and immediately taking out an enemy who I manage to trap/cut off from me.

I've been mainly using the semi auto fire on the weapon, only using auto fire for laying down ink when no enemies are around. Since I've used the octobrush so much, I'm used to tapping the fire button a ton for a weapon, so that's a hurdle I haven't needed to overcome. The great accuracy of the semi auto has been giving me great success in battle. I can tell many people don't know how to approach this weapon well yet. Combined with the stingray, this weapon is a long range terror, with a bit of a counter using auto fire up close should I get desperate.

This is definitely my favorite new weapon they've introduced in Splatoon 2. Most of the others (Clash Blaster, Gootuber, Flingza, even the brellas) did not click well with me, or most others from what I see. But The two fire modes on the Squeezer is not only fresh, but actually viable.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I've pretty much been using the Squeezer exclusively since it came out. Here are some things I've found helpful.

If you use Jet Squelcher, you should have no trouble getting decent with Squeezer. The range is nearly the same and the kit is like a mixture of Custom and vanilla variants. Similarly to Jet, doing well with this weapon comes with knowing how to abuse your range. Your kill time on Squeezer is slower than most short range shooters, so you'll have to get farther back to make it useful. That being said, you are a little bit better off in short range situations than Jet because you can rapid fire and paint much better.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I just remembered something unfortunate about the Squeezer. It doesn't have its own win/loss animations! I was actually kinda looking forward to some new win/loss animations.

I'm working on a cute set to go with my Squeezer.

DR2NdkkVAAEzhUb.jpg large.jpg

I plan on making the shirt and shoes pure. I'm just not sure about the glasses. Special Saver is the lazy option, so I might go for that if it starts to be too much of a nuisance getting something else. I wanted something to complement all aspects of the weapon.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
It's waaaaaaaaaaaay more forgiving than the H3 in either game ever could be!

And I really enjoy its sound profile! :D Who cares about splatling people, just let me run around in peace making that popping noise around the map!

Anyway "the one press, one drop" feature and little end lag makes me squeal. It's so amazingly effective at raijin stepping/splatdashing because of it, and you can stick-and-move like Ali! Just a gentle, quick tap and then you're immediately free to move however you want, making it difficult for others to retaliate in return.

Really hoping this baby doesn't ever receive any real nerfs.

The Squeezer is a really fun weapon to play with. The only problem is that I jerk my controller upwards when mashing the shooting button, so it's something I'll need to get used to.
How are you holding your controller? consider using your middle or ring finger to fire so your index finger can help keep the controller steady. I try to remember doing this whenever I play something aim reliant.

I just remembered something unfortunate about the Squeezer. It doesn't have its own win/loss animations! I was actually kinda looking forward to some new win/loss animations.
Until they bring back the splatling hug and disappointment this sequel will be forever marred in my eyes. *quietly sobs into a pillow*

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wow, so that is your channel! lol

A couple of weeks ago when Clam Blitz opened and I was searching vids out of curiosity I came across your channel, but I was like "BirdiebeeTV? Like birdiebee from Squidboards? Nah~, just coincidence. *moves along*"

But "ouch" that's a low grade to give it, but I guess that's because neither the weapon nor it's kit really meshes with your more close quarters style; as you've stated. It leans more towards mid-range and long-mid-range combat. Personally, I avoid using its shorter range, auto-fire mode if possible because it's slower than the auto fire of other weapons. Like Gal-class or Glooga Dualies slow! Just with better accuracy.

It's hard to suggest which mode to choose when you're in a close range situation as one is hindered by your aim and the other by the weapon's speed. =/

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Wow, so that is your channel! lol

A couple of weeks ago when Clam Blitz opened and I was searching vids out of curiosity I came across your channel, but I was like "BirdiebeeTV? Like birdiebee from Squidboards? Nah~, just coincidence. *moves along*"

But "ouch" that's a low grade to give it, but I guess that's because neither the weapon nor it's kit really meshes with your more close quarters style; as you've stated. It leans more towards mid-range and long-mid-range combat. Personally, I avoid using its shorter range, auto-fire mode if possible because it's slower than the auto fire of other weapons. Like Gal-class or Glooga Dualies slow! Just with better accuracy.

It's hard to suggest which mode to choose when you're in a close range situation as one is hindered by your aim and the other by the weapon's speed. =/
Hey long time no see!! I haven't been on Squidboards in ages but I still splat all the time. It's so cool that you found my channel just by searching! I'm really trying to make fun and informative squid content so I'm happy to hear that you came across it.

Ahah, as you said yeah my rating comes down to preference, mostly. I think the weapon has a lot of potential, but I just can't figure out the benefit of the Sting Ray for it....or most weapons for that matter, besides maybe chargers.

I'm actually more of a roller these days...dunno. Sploon 2 has made me a different breed of squid.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Would you have to have good aim to use this wepon? I would like to try it out, but I just spent all of my money on clothes :/

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Would you have to have good aim to use this wepon? I would like to try it out, but I just spent all of my money on clothes :/
If you want to be able to abuse the tap shots you need pretty good aim, but you can always use the auto-fire option to turf and build special to be more support. Then you can pop out the tap shots and just spam and hope for the best to splat people if you don't have the best of aim. If you work on it then you'll find it's a pretty good weapon. You can also get pretty aggressive with the splash wall and auto-fire to splat people like a mid-range shooter. It's a flexible weapon. I don't use it but I know a lot of people had pretty good success with it during its launch.

Or you could just test it out before you buy it...

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Or you could just test it out before you buy it...
The test area isn't always the best measure of your affinity toward a weapon in the actual matches I mean anyone can hit a large target moving in a fixed line. I think its fair for @Yin_ to ask for advice on a forum dedicated to Splatoon 2 discussion/questions. Which you did answer and I agree. But then its like you shamed them for asking the question in the first place ?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
The test area isn't always the best measure of your affinity toward a weapon in the actual matches I mean anyone can hit a large target moving in a fixed line. I think its fair for @Yin_ to ask for advice on a forum dedicated to Splatoon 2 discussion/questions. Which you did answer and I agree. But then its like you shamed them for asking the question in the first place ?
I didn't really notice that until you pointed it out I'm sorry! I meant it as like a little poke b/c you can figure out how to aim w/ a weapon in the testing area. I wasn't trying to be mean but if it came off that way I apologize. Basically I meant it as the equivalent of fitting it somewhere in the text rewording it as "you can also get the feel for how a weapon works in the testing area to see if you like it." But clearly yeah that's hard to get out of what I wrote to I'm sorry and I wanted to clarify cuz I don't wanna be mean.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to work on my aim more with snipers and such.
But clearly yeah that's hard to get out of what I wrote to I'm sorry and I wanted to clarify cuz I don't wanna be mean.
No problem it's fine!

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I didn't really notice that until you pointed it out I'm sorry! I meant it as like a little poke b/c you can figure out how to aim w/ a weapon in the testing area. I wasn't trying to be mean but if it came off that way I apologize. Basically I meant it as the equivalent of fitting it somewhere in the text rewording it as "you can also get the feel for how a weapon works in the testing area to see if you like it." But clearly yeah that's hard to get out of what I wrote to I'm sorry and I wanted to clarify cuz I don't wanna be mean.
I'm really sorry for overreacting a little. Its all good yo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom