• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squid Talk: A Squid Report Thread

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
So what hilarious, ridiculous, or otherwise amazing instance happened to you recently while in a match in Splatoon?
Let's hear em.

For me, today I had the most bizarre fight with a fellow named "Guillerme". Dude was using Aerospray RG (or as I call it MLG) just like me and we were doing a turf war match on the Black belly Skate Park.

So literally about 10 times in a row, this is exactly what happened.
1. Guiller and I would swim to the middle tower and reach it at the exact same time.
2.I would shoot Guiller and he would plant a mine.
3. I splatted him and his mine blew me up.
4. Guiller and I would swim back to the middle tower.
5. He would shoot at me and I planted a mine.
6. He splatted me and my mine blew him up.
7. Repeat 1-6

I was personally laughing my *** off and was curious if he was doing the same or if he was raging.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I tried using the Custom E-Liter on Arowana Mall in Ranked when it came out. It was going decently (we weren't winning, but I felt like I was doing a half-decent job with a Charger for once), and then I got my special charged up. Since I figured I would get attacked soon, I decided to leave the killbox that is the Splat Zone by releasing the Kraken.
It went well, I think I splatted someone in the Zone, but then I decided to go after one of the enemies with a .96 Gal on the walkway. So I go up the wall, get onto the platform...
and swim right through the grates, falling through to my death.
Also we lost after that, but that death was just demoralizing.

The match before that, my team won by knockout on Urchin Underpass despite being 4 E-Liters (at least 3 were Custom though, including me), the other team being 3 shooters and I think a roller, and my team having to cary me since I can't shoot straight to save my life half the time and that's kinda what Chargers are supposed to do. Not sure that's suposed to go here, but I thought it was pretty funny.

And this one time, I jumped on a Splash Wall while shooting it, thinking it would be destroyed and I'd land safely. It wasn't destroyed, and I landed on it and bounced off like I was Mario, taking a lot of damage. The Splash Wall apparently did not appreciate my Mario impression, and after I landed on it again it splatted me on the second hit.

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
Something ridiculous that happend to me was that I was placed on a team with two Rollers and an Inkbrush... on Port Mackerel... against a Dual Squelcher, a Kelp Splatterscope, a Aerospray RG and a custom E-liter. Safe to say we lost but it was so funny to see those roller's really try to push towards that splatzone. They never got a dab of ink inside that zone.:)

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
6 rollers and 2 splattershots
While the rollers were making a mess of kelp dome, me and the other gunner were having showdowns where ever we met, the final match before people changed out - we were on kelp domes cat walk.
That was fun.

Also ink strike barrage in splatzone. Like four went off one after the other, it's quite a sight.
And I cannot forget to mention my squid babies - blue fun Depo, I had 4 matches where I was the only level 20 and everyone else was under level 4. I posted it to Mii-verse too.
(It's nice walking around a map without fear of being splattered).

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
I just had a strange experience in ranked. I was 2 points away from getting to B rank, but I lost one and lost 10 points. The next match, I won and got to 98. I kept losing and winning like that about 10 times in a row, and took me forever to get to B rank. The strange thing is, my win rate had been about 80% before then.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I just had a strange experience in ranked. I was 2 points away from getting to B rank, but I lost one and lost 10 points. The next match, I won and got to 98. I kept losing and winning like that about 10 times in a row, and took me forever to get to B rank. The strange thing is, my win rate had been about 80% before then.
I know that experience. I went up to A- / 92 just to rank down all the way to B / 60 in the following sessions... at least I'm on an upwards pace again now.

On topic: I had an epic ranked match on Saltspray Rig yesterday. The enemy team was leading big time with about 70-2. Suddenly we managed to stop the timer AND gain control just when the timer ran out and overtime started. Then we went full berserk and won 1-2 after the longest overtime I've seen so far. I think they panicked and weren't able to re-take control. I wish I recorded this match :D

Dream21

Full Squid
I was using the Splash-O-Matic had a teammate Roller. It was in Port Mackerel. You know how it has the two side things you can ink instead of going straight down the row of boxes? (I'm so bad at describing eugh) Me and this Splat Roller went for one side, we saw each other go for it so we both went down and left it for the other, we realized we both left, we both swam back up, and then both fell off again seeing each other. Eventually I just went down the row while they took the path, but it was amusing.
An in-game version of walking into someone, and then both of you moving the same way a couple times before you walk away.

Friendly Face-Off

Full Squid
NNID
taikolover-desu
One game on Kelp Dome went like this:
N2 Abby and I kept meeting up in the same location
My splattershot and her roller kept splatting each other at the same time
Repeat all of the above

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0