Step Right Up & Re-Roll Your Mains! (Idea)

iVialeko

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5878-9511-9588
Here’s a proposal for you. Tired of getting your favorite gear, only to have a dreaded main you don’t like? (I’m sure this has been a dilemma for many) As it currently stands, you’re sol for customization preferences, as most don’t have the perks they really want for their favorite gear. Now think of this; for 3 super sea snails, Murch will respin one main from a piece of gear in your set, and will generate a random new main. Now, you will have a chance to receive a main that you prefer. Players would now have the opportunity to actually use their favorite looking gear, and not leave it in the dust, stashed away in their inventory, like collector’s memorabilia, wishing they could use it in battle only if it was actually as effective as it was visually appealing.

Designing customization around specific mains limits players of choosing their gear, often opting to go with less visually appealing attire for a more preferred main. (defeats the point of “customization”)

Disclaimer: Gear exclusive abilities, like haunt, comeback, ninja squid, stealth jump, (and others) would be exempt from this feature, as they are intended for use only with their shoes, shirts, and head attire.

One drawback with this is that achieving pures would be much easier now if players could get a main favoring the same brand of a recommended sub, especially combo'd with ability drink xp boosts. This doesn't however pose any significant advantage, as pure builds are more of a trend now than they are beneficial, since min maxing is the newfound strategy in managing the amount of return of each set. (pros do this to get maximum value out of their subs and abilities w/out any diminishing returns of stacking)

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
It would definitely be a great alternative to just spending a bunch of chunks and would also give more of an incentivize to save super sea snails.
I personally only use them to reroll gear abilities but I still end up having a good amount left until the next splatfest.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I'd rather just do away with grinding entirely and allow players to freely respec any build at no cost. Grinding has no place in a competitive game.

In fact, might as well separate ability builds from cosmetics entirely. No good reason for them to be tied together this way.

iVialeko

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5878-9511-9588
It would definitely be a great alternative to just spending a bunch of chunks and would also give more of an incentivize to save super sea snails.
I personally only use them to reroll gear abilities but I still end up having a good amount left until the next splatfest.
Ikr! ^^ Same thinking it takes I believe 45 ability chunks just to change out one main on one piece of gear, kinda a steep ask. ^ Plus we’ve had the ability to re-roll sub slots on gear with sea snails since I think S1? Kinda wild how it’s still not a thing with main slots. And I agree super sea snails are criminally underused currency. I don’t even know why they’ve been in these games with how little use case there has been for them. (guess for Splatfest reward basically)

I posted this idea on gamefaqs (not been a fan of that platform) as well earlier and someone responded to me like why would this even be a thing if we can already swap out main abilities directly lol. But yeah it’s just another option for main abilities and sea snail incentive for sure. ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom