• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Strategy: Protect your Rollers!

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I think a better option is just not having a roller on the team at all. :p

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I like going to the highest point, shooting from far away to defeat the incoming Inklings who are going after my rollers.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
I think a better option is just not having a roller on the team at all. :p
What weapons you liking so far Rapture?

I think rollers will be alright, but I think if you want to be successful especially in turf wars and ranked battles you are going to need to be able to function well alone.

In team battles and tournaments and events this "protect your rollers" strategy may emerge as a powerful one on some maps, who knows, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. I think rollers are going to have to work very hard to make meaningful contributions on the front lines. Especially in organized battles.

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
What weapons you liking so far Rapture?

I think rollers will be alright, but I think if you want to be successful especially in turf wars and ranked battles you are going to need to be able to function well alone.

In team battles and tournaments and events this "protect your rollers" strategy may emerge as a powerful one on some maps, who knows, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. I think rollers are going to have to work very hard to make meaningful contributions on the front lines. Especially in organized battles.
Splattershot and Splatershot Jr. are my go-to right now.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Splattershot and Splatershot Jr. are my go-to right now.
I really want to main the chargers but I'm going to wait until I get much deeper in before I settle. I'm sure there is a long line but I look forward to playing with you in the future man.

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I really want to main the chargers but I'm going to wait until I get much deeper in before I settle. I'm sure there is a long line but I look forward to playing with you in the future man.
I def want to check out the chargers. I think 3 Splattershots and 1 Charger is the optimal team right now. But we'll see.

And of course!

luigisly

Full Squid
I feel like a roller might be useful for a few maps but for others none will be used. Would have to be a fairly wide open map to be useful and then it would need at least a buddy to be in the area so the roller could do its job well.

Hi_C

Full Squid
Personally, I just feel like the Roller is being used the most right now cause it is easy and does the right job for turf wars. As players improve, it isn't going to be as good. I think the Splattershot Jr. is actually the best weapon right now, but the Splattershot isn't bad as it's just a basic "assault rifle" and the Charger is probably going to be used more in different game variants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom