• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

StreetPass Princeton Battle Dojo Results!

ChozoBoy

Inkling
NNID
Player2
I guess this is the first results thread! NiNJA (formerly StreetPass Princeton) held a Battle Dojo Tourney this last Saturday with a number of Splatoon and Nintendo prizes for the winners and a free raffle for all attendees. There was lots of Splatoon-themed food like Turf Wars Jello (Green/Purple mixed), gummy octopi, colored Goldfish, octopus hotdogs, etc. We had free domino masks, beginners badges from the game, and cans of Gak-type splatter stuff.

We had ten participants and three rounds of best two-out-of three matches. Three consoles ran simultaneously. A coin toss determined which player got first choice of either controller or stage. The match's loser got the next choice for the next two matches in the round.

Our winner was AgentSpectre!

It was a lot of fun! We're going to try to a Turf Wars tourney once we figure out the logistics of it, but you guys are all welcome to come over and play at the monthly events in the meantime. We've decided to rebrand and restructure Streetpass Princeton after four years, so future events will be posted on the new page. I've already promised to draw Marie for the Turf Wars Tourney.

Images of the event: (Callie chalk art by yours-truly!)

Squidboards was invited here: http://squidboards.com/threads/streetpass-princeton.2035/

Last edited:

Robochao

Full Squid
NNID
Robochao
Really cool - I'm sure the environment will set a good example for tournaments hosted in the future :D And pretty bold of you to host a tournament before the Ver 2.0 patch. I hope your group hosts Squad tourneys now that it can be arranged! I would be interested in competing

Facebook group doesn't have a location, unfortunately. :[ Can you update that?

ChozoBoy

Inkling
NNID
Player2
Really cool - I'm sure the environment will set a good example for tournaments hosted in the future :D And pretty bold of you to host a tournament before the Ver 2.0 patch. I hope your group hosts Squad tourneys now that it can be arranged! I would be interested in competing

Facebook group doesn't have a location, unfortunately. :[ Can you update that?
Technically, we've always been fluid about meeting locations, so the location will be on the event page that the group posts monthly. (Next month will be Super Mario Maker, primarily. With little Miku thrown in, as well as free-play, Smash, Splatoon, etc.) That said, every meeting so far this year has been at the Youth Warehouse in Pennington, NJ. (1580 Reed Rd, Pennington, New Jersey 08534)

We aim to host a Squad tournament, but the main problem is Wi-Fi. We either need to figure out bringing enough hot-spots or locate another venue that can accommodate us. If you follow the page, We'll plan to announce monthly online game times with the other members in the meantime.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Technically, we've always been fluid about meeting locations, so the location will be on the event page that the group posts monthly. (Next month will be Super Mario Maker, primarily. With little Miku thrown in, as well as free-play, Smash, Splatoon, etc.) That said, every meeting so far this year has been at the Youth Warehouse in Pennington, NJ. (1580 Reed Rd, Pennington, New Jersey 08534)

We aim to host a Squad tournament, but the main problem is Wi-Fi. We either need to figure out bringing enough hot-spots or locate another venue that can accommodate us. If you follow the page, We'll plan to announce monthly online game times with the other members in the meantime.
Actually, if you can hook up 8 Ethernet cables, you can have tournaments because you have 8 close by players.

This was comfirmed by SRL, btw

ChozoBoy

Inkling
NNID
Player2
Actually, if you can hook up 8 Ethernet cables, you can have tournaments because you have 8 close by players.

This was comfirmed by SRL, btw
Really? I've never seen anything about true LAN. I'm under the impression that the matches need to connect to the internet. Where did you see this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom