Strikes Rework/Rebalance

ry42

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3023-2080-2268
  • Increased the effect duration by approximately 2 seconds. (6 -> 8 seconds)
  • Increased the delay between the beacon landing and missile striking by approximately 13%. (1.33 -> 1.5 seconds)
  • Now allows the player to use the main weapon during the special.
  • Now allows the player to enter swim form during the special.
Truthfully, it might be a bit too strong to allow full mobility to the player while the special is active, so I had 2 ideas that might help Strikes become too powerful:

- Players in swim form while the special is active will match the speed of the "Slow" mobility class. (stacks with movement effects as normal, such as swim speed and cooler)
This would just make it harder for the short range shooters to maintain their advantage in fights while also having an airstrike in their pocket. This might be a bit harsh, but trying to calculate the "best" movement speed to set it as is wayyy harder than just making it the Slow class. (this would be an awesome nerf to zook tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)​

- Players in swim form while the special is active will display their location. (would just show the strike box backpack in swim form, like golden eggs in salmon)
Less harsh of a nerf, but seems more out of line with similar design decisions in the series. I don't really like it that much, but it is an alternative to stright up nerfing swim speed.​
Strikes is by no means a bad special, but it has been put on a lot of short range/aggressive weapons. To me, this implies that it is meant to be used as a special to cover pushes, much like Booyah Bomb. However, the incredible restrictions put on the player when they pop the special do not allow for this to happen, except with Z+F where it doesn't want to push off of its own strikes. In order to allow the aggressive weapons to actually push WITH their special rather than chasing it, allowing Strikes to function as a pseudo Bomb Launcher would greatly improve both the depth and play-making potential of the special, in my opinion.

And yes, it can sub strafe now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom