• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Super fighting robot, MEGA MAN!

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Here's a thread for all the Mega Man fans! Capcom may not being doing much with him at the moment but the fans will never forget him!

So what's everyone' s favorite series in the franchise? The awesome thing about Mega Man is how many series and how varied they are. It's really hard for me to pick a favorite. I'd say it's a toss up between Mega Man X and Megaan Zero. The Zero games are seriously some of the most perfect platformers I've ever played! I've never really played a game that was similar to it since I finished the series, it's that unique.

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
I was a huge fan of the Battle Network games on GBA, though I never really got into the Starforce games or whatever they were called on DS.

Super excited for Mighty No. 9 to come out, though.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I was a huge fan of the Battle Network games on GBA, though I never really got into the Starforce games or whatever they were called on DS.

Super excited for Mighty No. 9 to come out, though.
Mighty no. 9 looks great so far! I love how faithful the developers are being towards the series, while also adding their own touch and personality to the game.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
My favorite series from Mega Man are Classic and X, ever realy liked Battle network or star force and I haven't had the chance to play any of the Zero series.

Mighty Number 9 looks great, I'm glad I contributed to it, I just HOPE the voice acting is toggleable because god dang is it bad imo.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I'm excited for Mighty No. 9 too! I backed on Kickstarter so my copy is secured. Been a few ups and downs throughout development but I'm excited for it to release soon!

I think the voice acting is pretty good actually. I like Yuri Lowenthal as Beck from what we've heard so far.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
I'm honestly annoyed by hearing him in almost anything anymore, he's a very over-cast VA imo. He does good work as Simon the Digger, Yosuke in Persona 4 and as Luka in Bayonetta but other than that I can't say I'm a huge fan of hearing him as many characters, he just doesn't fit very often.

It's not even him in this game that gets me though, I just don't play Mega Man games to hear voice acting, especially not after how bad Mega Man 8 and X4-7's are.

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
X series is my all time favorite MM series. Zero series is awesome too but I haven't finished it yet. I never played the classic series but want to one day. Legends was pretty cool too.

Never cared for Battle Network or Star Force. Just not my preference.

Anyone else in here main Mega Man in Smash?

AEM

The Saltsui no Hadou
I main Mega Man and secondary Proto Man in Smash for (Though I main another Gunner variant).

I hope Mighty No. 9 ends up being what the Beckers were hoping for it to be. Dynatron is my favorite Mighty No. by far.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
I main Mega Man and am currently hopping between about a half dozen characters (and not just the ones in my sig) for consideration on secondary. I'm probably gonna end up settling on Dr. Mario and Meta Knight, though the Proto Man costume really makes me wanna pick up Gunner. :U

Last edited:

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
I wish the X and Proto Man costumes were usable with all Mii Fighters, cause I like using Brawler over the other two.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I haven't played all the Megamans but for me it doesn't get better than Mega Man 2. The spinoff business doesn't appeal to me as much as the simple, barebones style of the classic mainline games.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I main Mega Man too. :P Been trying to get down some AT for him. I've been playing him since day one. Bought the X costume for Mii Gunner and that seriously tempted me to main him lol.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm hoping Nintendo buys the IP to Mega-Man or something, since he'd be in way better hands at Nintendo. Even if they didn't make any games, I wouldn't have to worry about manipulating Mega-Man's existence like Capcom could.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'm hoping Nintendo buys the IP to Mega-Man or something, since he'd be in way better hands at Nintendo. Even if they didn't make any games, I wouldn't have to worry about manipulating Mega-Man's existence like Capcom could.
This would be the best possible outcome for megaman I think.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
Mega Man definitely feels most at home in Nintendo's hands. Both because of his legacy on Nintendo consoles and the way the design sensibilities of the newer entries match up nicely with Nintendo's in-house style. Even though he's always been owned by Capcom, it would feel kinda like Mega Man returning to his rightful home.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This would be the best possible outcome for megaman I think.
Definitely. I feel like this has to be at least on Nintendo's mind since I've seen this suggested at least 100 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom