• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
I never played this game before. I recently got into games like Splatoon within the last year to curb my boredom at work and played this game on the switch. It's totally awesome. Got all 96 areas last night and my map turned weird colors.

1708294796484.png

Also you get multi colored Yoshi's in each of the levels where there were previously green. The blue one can fly!

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
World's awesome, but I have to recommend against playing the GBA port. Biggest issue is that the SNES is 256x224, but the GBA is 240x160, so you lose a fair chunk of screen space. SMW has a lot of verticality in its level design, so that can be a problem. Colors are also washed out to compensate for the GBA screen, and audio quality is worse.

These aren't anything that makes the port totally unplayable, it was a serviceable enough conversion to play a console classic on a handheld. In fact, this is the version I played for the first time back when it came out in 2002. But today we have handheld hardware that can play the SNES original, it's also on NSO, so just play that.

The other Advance ports all have some unique bonus content that sets them apart from their originals, so there's an argument for checking them out for that. But they didn't even add anything to SMW, it's a straight port minus the hardware sacrifices.

jeffthesquid

Senior Squid
Pronouns
jeff/jeffs
Wow! Didn't know that. So they cut the screen size to compensate for the GBA screen. Do you have any recommendations for games similar to Super Mario World. I'm new to games so I will definitely check out the SNES version but when I beat that I want to keep playing more levels in Super Mario World. Anything similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom