• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Super Smashing Squids!

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
Welp. I didn't see a topic about it anywhere, and I'm well aware Smashboards exists, but this forum is basically calling out to all you Squid-Kids who love to Smash between matches of Turf War.

To start, since we need more then just "Smash", list some of your mains in this thread, and if you want, you can write your NNID so others can Smash with you. (Even though NNID option is on the profile page for a reason.)

Here are my mains, from most used to least.

Like you didn't expect this from me?

Roy's Our Boy!

Very rarely do I play as these two, but I DO main them.

NNID: GamerSackboy1996

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I like Luigi too, he's really good in Sm4sh. Ness is also nice, though I don't like how tiny his range is.
I prefer Marth and Robin though, Robin because his projectiles are nice and the Levin Sword's powerful, and Marth because he's strong, fast and has good range.
Roy's good too, but I don't like his recovery so I don't main him (I think even Marth's is better, if only because it goes higher).
I haven't been able to figure out Ike and Lucina though. Ike I just have no clue how to use, he's kinda strong and kinda speedy but not great at either and I swear he gets outranged by Marth which I find kinda odd. Lucina... I just don't get the point of including a crappier Marth. Seriously, is there anything about her that's better than or even as good as Marth? It's a shame too, she's great in Awakening and I like her, but she's just inferior here.

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
I like Luigi too, he's really good in Sm4sh. Ness is also nice, though I don't like how tiny his range is.
I prefer Marth and Robin though, Robin because his projectiles are nice and the Levin Sword's powerful, and Marth because he's strong, fast and has good range.
Roy's good too, but I don't like his recovery so I don't main him (I think even Marth's is better, if only because it goes higher).
I haven't been able to figure out Ike and Lucina though. Ike I just have no clue how to use, he's kinda strong and kinda speedy but not great at either and I swear he gets outranged by Marth which I find kinda odd. Lucina... I just don't get the point of including a crappier Marth. Seriously, is there anything about her that's better than or even as good as Marth? It's a shame too, she's great in Awakening and I like her, but she's just inferior here.
I've noticed that Roy's recovery actually changes depending on how you do it. And by that I mean, if you tilt the analog while recovering, or holding the button. I've been able to go higher and at an angle by doing these tricks. It could be just me though. Try it out. See if the same thing happens for you.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I've noticed that Roy's recovery actually changes depending on how you do it. And by that I mean, if you tilt the analog while recovering, or holding the button. I've been able to go higher and at an angle by doing these tricks. It could be just me though. Try it out. See if the same thing happens for you.
It's not just you, Roy's recovery worked that way in Melee too. He's actually surprisingly faithful to his Melee version. Aside from his attributes (no way Roy was that fast in Melee), his animations and a couple of moves (Down Aerial, Forward Smash, maybe a few others), he's really just a better version of the crappy Melee swordman.
A much better version, seriously his power is amazing when you get center hits and he's really fast.

Incidentally, I think this is the right thread to ask this:
I read that Sakurai and his Smash team will be making more characters for Sm4sh until he can't keep the team together any more. With this in mind, does an Inkling have an inkling of a chance of making it into Sm4sh? Or is it more likely that we'll see Inklings shooting at Mario in the probably-inevitable Smash 5?

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
Incidentally, I think this is the right thread to ask this:
I read that Sakurai and his Smash team will be making more characters for Sm4sh until he can't keep the team together any more. With this in mind, does an Inkling have an inkling of a chance of making it into Sm4sh? Or is it more likely that we'll see Inklings shooting at Mario in the probably-inevitable Smash 5?
Well, if they hadn't released the Inkling Mii Costumes, I'd say there's a good chance. But since they were implemented as costumes, and the Splatoon trophy was added for those who had those costumes, I think it's a safe bet we won't be getting Inkling fighters until Smash 5. I could be wrong, though.

Green inker

Full Squid
NNID
sonimario2000
Well, if they hadn't released the Inkling Mii Costumes, I'd say there's a good chance. But since they were implemented as costumes, and the Splatoon trophy was added for those who had those costumes, I think it's a safe bet we won't be getting Inkling fighters until Smash 5. I could be wrong, though.
By that logic Link nor Mewtwo would be in the game, because theres a Link costume for the Miis and theres already a Mewtwo trophy BEFORE he was released. If anything, the Inkling has a higher chance of getting in then any one else.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
i like ganondorf
Yeah, Ganon's pretty alright in Sm4sh (and just really fun all the time, at least for me)
By that logic Link nor Mewtwo would be in the game, because theres a Link costume for the Miis and theres already a Mewtwo trophy BEFORE he was released. If anything, the Inkling has a higher chance of getting in then any one else.
Yeah, this. Costumes don't disinclude (< is that a word?) anyone (except the Mega Mans, but we already have the original there so they weren't getting in anyway). Inkling does probably have the best chance of any new character, since Splatoon's a critical and possibly more importantly commercial success (I think so; is it?) and I think Inkling's been a somewhat frequently-requested character on the Ballot (I'm going from what I read while lurking on Smashboards here). I'd prefer Shantae and Wonder Red get in first (maybe Wolf too, he was fun in Brawl), but realistically Inkling's got a good shot, I think.

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
Yeah, this. Costumes don't disinclude (< is that a word?) anyone (except the Mega Mans, but we already have the original there so they weren't getting in anyway). Inkling does probably have the best chance of any new character, since Splatoon's a critical and possibly more importantly commercial success (I think so; is it?) and I think Inkling's been a somewhat frequently-requested character on the Ballot (I'm going from what I read while lurking on Smashboards here). I'd prefer Shantae and Wonder Red get in first (maybe Wolf too, he was fun in Brawl), but realistically Inkling's got a good shot, I think.
I was actually going to add the fact that there was a Link costume, but eh. And yeah, I suppose the trophy point is also nullified because of the Mewtwo and Lucas trophies. I DID say I could be wrong. Not saying I don't want the inklings in as actual fighters, because they would be amazing additions to Smash, I'm just concerned, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom