• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Surf + Turf Results

⭐️Latias

Full Squid
NNID
pikachurox19
Surf and Turf Logo 2.jpg

Congratulations to SquidKids!

2nd:
Alias
Top 4:
Ink Between Worlds
C-
Top 8:
Team Kaxe
Nocturnal Squids
Operation N.O.Z.Z.L.E
D+
Runners Up:
Calamari Crusaders
Top Tenta Keks
The Springtide Era
Splat Academy
SquidKids Neo
SquidKids Deco

Top Cut: http://challonge.com/topcutsurfandturf

Feedback

Thanks for playing in Surf + Turf! This was my first ever online tournament and there were lots of things that could have been improved on my part (learn how to use Challonge...). If you could take the time to comment a few things that I could have done to make the experience better please let me know! Some specific things I'd like to know:
- How was the time start / finish for you? Would you like this to be changed?
- How were the maps / modes? Was there enough turf war / ranked games for you?
- How was the communication between you and the TO?
- Would you like another Surf + Turf?

Again, thank you very much! I hope you enjoyed Surf + Turf!

Last edited:

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I kept an eye on things and though I didn't play in the tournament, I feel I can offer some feedback.

you were responsive to issues, but sometimes I wish you were online especially pre game day a bit more, and maybe a bit earlier on game day. You did check every day, just maybe a bit more often and for a bit longer in the future. I felt like questions sometimes hung in the wind for a bit.

As for the actual tournament from what I could tell things went fine, though I mostly popped in and out and paid the most attention to top cut. the D/C rule I still disagree with overall, because it feels like a team could stage a D/C to advance from an unfavorable map if I remember the rules correctly.

Time started rather late but I assume this was to avoid a scheduling conflict, so there's not much you could have done about that. the map mode comboes seemed good as there wasn't like a ton of turf war and it looked naturally mixed into the other modes.

Overall you seemed to do a good job. Not perfect but I wouldn't expect perfection from your first online tournament. As for the series I'm a bit iffy on it. Not because of anything you did for sure, but I just don't know how interested the community really is in a turf war offering. I mean I certainly appreciate the variety but I'm not the one that signs up of course. even with a good combination of modes so that people don't play only turf war it seems like most teams just weren't into it. even with around a month long for signups the cap still wasn't hit, which was a shame. Since people know who you are now and you seemed to do a decent job, maybe giving it another go or two to see if more would be interested seeing as how they know who you are and that you can run a tournament. But if you still can't get much attention even after that well then it may just not work out.

That's my two cents anyway. Great job OP. I thought you'd do fine from looking at the topic, and was glad I could confirm my suspicions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom