Team Status Bar

kinetik07

Senior Squid
During multiplayer, the team status bar on top of your screen shows how many of your allies and enemies are currently alive/dead. A lot of you probably already noticed that it also tells you who's currently winning depending on the size of the symbols. I think a bigger size means roughly a 10+% lead and a 'danger' means losing by 30+%.

What you may not have noticed is that the order of each inkling on the team status bar is related to the positions of each inkling during the start of the match, when both teams pop up from their spawn points. Since the squid symbols don't give any name or weapon information, you can use positions to tell which player is which squid symbol on the bar.

The order starts from the right and goes counterclockwise for your team and opposite for the enemy team like this
right back left front VS front left back right

It's easier to explains with pictures
In this example, the rollers are #1,#2, and #5 on the bar. Obviously, you don't want to try to memorize everyone, but if you want to keep an eye on someone like Andre the pro's alive/dead status, you can, right from the start.

Last edited:

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
From what I've seen, I think the VS icon starts moving when a team has a 5%+ lead.

kinetik07

Senior Squid
From what I've seen, I think the VS icon starts moving when a team has a 5%+ lead.
I only took like 2 samples when I wrote the first post. It seems you're right, after I looked at one of the hour long videos, the percent range when the VS icon was not in the middle and there was no 'danger' sign varied from 5.5% to 14.0%. When there was a 'danger' sign it was 17.6% or higher.

If you round those off to nice numbers, it should be:
5-15% = winning/losing
15+% = danger

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Seems great for keeping track of what they have alive/dead, and who's just respawned, if you can memorize. I doubt it will be as helpful in coordinated games since people will call out kills anyway. but for randoms it will allow you to tell when, say, a charger that was watching over an area has died, for example, meaning you can feel much safer to jump or swim over there if need be.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
I think I've seen this factoid elsewhere but yeah! It's definitely a pretty neat little feature for sure, glad they put a lot of effort into the UI.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think I've seen this factoid elsewhere but yeah! It's definitely a pretty neat little feature for sure, glad they put a lot of effort into the UI.
This, basically. Also, are you sure that it's relative to the inkling location at the spawn?

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
yeah i love that there's an immediately readable way for telling who's winning or losing without taking your eyes off the TV. you can look at the gamepad but it'll only show you how much area is covered in ink and it'll just be an approximation if you use your head, but the team status bar on the TV directly tells you which team is winning

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom