• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Technology - OS and Gadget Talk Go Here!

Flight

Pro Squid
Talk about operating systems, new products arriving to market, your ordinary gadgets, and all about technology right here. The title says it all!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This sounds interesting. I'm not really that much of a tech person myself but I do pay attention to some new phones and general stuff.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Not really looking too forward to anything right now, but I'd like to know when my phone will be eligible for the Windows 10 preview for phones. Mine is a Lumia 928.

I do have some "servers" in the basement that I was testing some Wordpress, apache, sql, php stuff on Fedora Server of all things trying to make an interesting website for my gaming videos and whatnot. It works fine for what I'm doing, but the other week when I decided to set up a Mumble server, I decided to switch one of the boxes to Ubuntu Server since it has long term support, and that has worked perfectly as well.

Flight

Pro Squid
Not really looking too forward to anything right now, but I'd like to know when my phone will be eligible for the Windows 10 preview for phones. Mine is a Lumia 928.

I do have some "servers" in the basement that I was testing some Wordpress, apache, sql, php stuff on Fedora Server of all things trying to make an interesting website for my gaming videos and whatnot. It works fine for what I'm doing, but the other week when I decided to set up a Mumble server, I decided to switch one of the boxes to Ubuntu Server since it has long term support, and that has worked perfectly as well.
When it comes to Windows 10, I've only tested the very first Technical Preview (that came out in October). Nothing else. I'm really looking forward to it though. Don't own a Windows Phone, so I don't know what to say about that. Must be good I guess.

Lyn

Premium
I think Windows 10 has the potential to be really good. Just hope they don't take the same path as Windows 8 did..

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
When it comes to Windows 10, I've only tested the very first Technical Preview (that came out in October). Nothing else. I'm really looking forward to it though. Don't own a Windows Phone, so I don't know what to say about that. Must be good I guess.
I have fiddled with the tech preview on Hyper-V. It has improved a lot since the initial build, but I think it might be a little overhyped. The best thing I've heard about W10 so far is just good news for XB1 users, that streaming games from XB1 to PC is going to be possible. I however do not own an XB1.

I'm pretty happy with how Windows 8.1 works. I like the gestures and shortcuts, even with a mouse and keyboard. I'm not too keen on the reconfiguring of the modern interface that they made if it removes keyboard shortcuts and clicking in the upper left corner to switch between modern software.

Flight

Pro Squid
I think Windows 10 has the potential to be really good. Just hope they don't take the same path as Windows 8 did..
I must be the only one who didn't mind the changes found in Windows 8 (and 8.1). Might not be as intuitive as Windows 7, but I got used to it pretty fast.

Lyn

Premium
I must be the only one who didn't mind the changes found in Windows 8 (and 8.1). Might not be as intuitive as Windows 7, but I got used to it pretty fast.
It was okay. It wasn't as good as Windows 7 and a lot less organised and convenient so I'm not surprised it wasn't widely acclaimed.

Flight

Pro Squid
I have fiddled with the tech preview on Hyper-V. It has improved a lot since the initial build, but I think it might be a little overhyped. The best thing I've heard about W10 so far is just good news for XB1 users, that streaming games from XB1 to PC is going to be possible. I however do not own an XB1.

I'm pretty happy with how Windows 8.1 works. I like the gestures and shortcuts, even with a mouse and keyboard. I'm not too keen on the reconfiguring of the modern interface that they made if it removes keyboard shortcuts and clicking in the upper left corner to switch between modern software.
I tried out the first build in VMware Player (lol). I don't own an Xbox One either. Yeah, I agree, I don't mind the gestures and shorcuts in 8.1. I use them all the time. The experience is even better with a touchscreen, however.

FalKoopa

Inkling
I'm looking forward to Windows 10 as well. I haven't tested the preview yet, though from the screenshots, I really like its look. Time will tell if it's a worthy successor to Windows 7 for me.

EDIT: And there's the Spartan Browser too, which looks far more clean than Explorer.

Flight

Pro Squid
I'm looking forward to Windows 10 as well. I haven't tested the preview yet, though from the screenshots, I really like its look. Time will tell if it's a worthy successor to Windows 7 for me.

EDIT: And there's the Spartan Browser too, which looks far more clean than Explorer.
I like its interface as well. Looks a lot better than XP, Vista / 7, and 8 combined. I might also try out Spartan once the OS launches, but for now, I'm sticking with Chrome. You're lucky IE is getting discontinued. *laughs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom