Tentatek's Special Requirement went from 190p to 210p to 230p.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I think this was one of the most unnecessary nerfs they added in this update. The Tentatek won't be a terrible weapon now by any means after this, but this seems like overkill when the inkjet itself got three nerfs already. 210 was fair, which the Tri slosher, arguably more overused in the game, is still at.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I personally think they should've buffed different weapons that could handle the tentatek instead.

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
This may be changed in a future update. This is just discussion, meant to poke the players and say "hey, try the other weapons, too".

• Ink Jet deserved the nerf to the splash damage, but not the backpack's jetstream. Tentatek is such a solid gun on its own, I think they want it to be for shooting with very few specials engaged, since Tentatek + Ink Jet is still a pretty fearsome combo even with the nerf.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Maybe, but I can't see it going past 250p.

Also, as of this patch the Tentatek has the highest special point requirement of any weapon in series. (The previous highest was any weapon in the first game with the Inkzooka, which required 220p.)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I doubt they'll do it again, despite it being the main weapon I use I don't really care too much.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I wonder why they don't give the Splattershot itself a nerf. A really tiny one to range or rate of fire, just a pinch.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I wonder why they don't give the Splattershot itself a nerf. A really tiny one to range or rate of fire, just a pinch.
It's the Mario gun. Every other weapon is balanced by how it deviates from the Splattershot. The same thing happened in the first game, specials getting slapped with nerfs but the gun itself being untouched. As balanced and versatile as it is, it could have no special at all and still be viable in the meta.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I almost don't understand that balance update AT ALL:

TRIslosher: Was for me a way underpowered weapons. I'm actually shocked how many people just said to nerf it instead of trying other weapons that can handle a TRIslosher no problem.
Sting-ray: Yeah it was weak. But way beyond "useless" I could at least get the one or another kill out of it.
Splattershot: For me THAT is the overpowered weapon because I can't play aggressively. I am aggressively in my own way. But I can't survive getting close enough to an other inkling that the Splattershot would have some kind of effect.

I mean: Yeah The Sting-ray had to be buffed. That Splattershot got a nerf but I want more nerfs for the Splattershot. But somehow (exept for the Sting-ray) I am happier without the update. I just hope that the Stinger in SalmonRun isn't able to pull the Sting-ray 2.0 off.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry

TRIslosher: Was for me a way underpowered weapons. I'm actually shocked how many people just said to nerf it instead of trying other weapons that can handle a TRIslosher no problem.
Everything, and I mean everything the old Tri did was a 2 shot. no matter where or how you were hit. Be it burst bomb or the main attack of the weapon combine with its fast fire rate shut down practically every mid to close range weapon ever. We don't have the mass reskin collection in this game yet like splat 1, but yes, long range countered it....somewhat. the bigger problem was that in random queues people would face multiple tri's and ink armors.

When it becomes way too common, it's not fun after a while. It's the reason why Ttek and tri got slammed. if we all picked the same weapon because they're the best it's definitely not fun to watch. The same weapons in tourneys over and over again can just leave a sour taste for viewers and "some" players.

I just hope that the Stinger in SalmonRun isn't able to pull the Sting-ray 2.0 off.
Thankfully, they don't!

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
TRIslosher: Was for me a way underpowered weapons. I'm actually shocked how many people just said to nerf it instead of trying other weapons that can handle a TRIslosher no problem
I play mostly mid to short range automatic weapons. Tri-Sloshers were very difficult. What you need to realize is that if one weapon forces many people to change their weapons and playstyles just to counter one weapon that has proliferated throughout the game as much as the Tri-Slosher did, you have affected the META of the game.

In other words: if the Tri-Slosher made everyone who didn't use it switch to a Squelcher to counter it, you messed up the balance of the game and need to fix it.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet

Sting-ray: Yeah it was weak. But way beyond "useless" I could at least get the one or another kill out of it.
Splattershot: For me THAT is the overpowered weapon because I can't play aggressively. I am aggressively in my own way. But I can't survive getting close enough to an other inkling that the Splattershot would have some kind of effect.

I mean: Yeah The Sting-ray had to be buffed. That Splattershot got a nerf but I want more nerfs for the Splattershot. But somehow (exept for the Sting-ray) I am happier without the update. I just hope that the Stinger in SalmonRun isn't able to pull the Sting-ray 2.0 off.
Things have already been said about the Tri Slosher, but to be honest I'm not really sure about the stingray buff.

You need to fire for 1.5s to get the shockwave, and just continuously firing the stingray is usually not the way to go, because you need to stop firing and reposition to get the kills.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Everything, and I mean everything the old Tri did was a 2 shot. no matter where or how you were hit. Be it burst bomb or the main attack of the weapon combine with its fast fire rate shut down practically every mid to close range weapon ever. We don't have the mass reskin collection in this game yet like splat 1, but yes, long range countered it....somewhat. the bigger problem was that in random queues people would face multiple tri's and ink armors.

When it becomes way too common, it's not fun after a while. It's the reason why Ttek and tri got slammed. if we all picked the same weapon because they're the best it's definitely not fun to watch. The same weapons in tourneys over and over again can just leave a sour taste for viewers and "some" players.

Thankfully, they don't!
Does that mean that Octobrush, Jet Squelcher, and Splattershot Pro will be nerfed because they are the Meta now since everything else was nerfed?

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Honestly, I think they were very eager to nerf inkjet. Sure maybe one or two nerfs to the splash damage/coverage would have been fair. But, the genius people at the squid research lab decide to put an enlarged hit box (because it was too hard to aim with my splattershot), and they nerfed the exhaust damage to the point where you can't scratch your opponent anymore with it (which is pretty dumb tbh).

With all that in mind, I have no idea why the ttek's special charge got nerfed. The weapon doesn't need inkjet to be good, it's the splattershot, one of the easiest weapons to use in the game. Notice how in splat 1, the tentatek dominated with it's great combat skills and movement options. Heck, most tteks in the last 3 months of the game just ran quick respawn and died, so they never got their special. It didn't matter as long as they had the good base weapon and a bomb as a sub. And nerfing it at this point would be mass chaos, because it's what half of the community mains. It's even on the amiibos, even the amiibos main the ttek.

All silliness aside, it really would have been interesting to see how the splashdown, baller, and stingray buffs would have looked like with ink armor and inkjet untouched. Ink armor needed a nerf, just because every team ran at least two ink armor users, but inkjet could have been untouched for a month or two before we really cut down to the chase.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Can't turf well? Let the tentatek handle it. Need a slayer? Spin the tentatek till she's dizzy, point, then watch the enemy icons blink like Christmas lights. Enemies bringing the pressure? Throw your tentatek player at them like a grenade.

I sorta view the tentatek 2.0 much like I do the 1.0 version in the first game: balanced, all-purpose, multi-ranged, multi-functional tool that can tackle nearly any situation. Add in their ubiquity due to ease of use, give them the strongest, multi-countering special in the game, and you can bet the point requirement will climb over time!

Meanwhile, as for the inkjet nerfs: cool with me. The exhaust splatted you in as much time as it took an inkjet blast to reach you. And the old hitbox accounted for the inkling only, not inkling plus jetpack. Seems pretty fair.

As balanced and versatile as it is, it could have no special at all and still be viable in the meta.
"You wanna go bro? Ink at me! Ink at me bro! No specials, tentateks only, Final Destination Walleye Warehouse THE REEF!" (‡▼益▼)

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I thought that the Ink jet nerfs were well-deserved, until I actually used it, and HOLY SCHAMOLE IT SUCKS! Well, okay, maybe it's not trash, but my compromise would be to increase how high it flies so weapons like Tri-slosher can't reach it. Or maybe I'm using it wrong.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I thought that the Ink jet nerfs were well-deserved, until I actually used it, and HOLY SCHAMOLE IT SUCKS! Well, okay, maybe it's not trash, but my compromise would be to increase how high it flies so weapons like Tri-slosher can't reach it. Or maybe I'm using it wrong.
Indeed, the nerfs made to the Inkjet is noticeable to me too, and I've used it a lot in the past! It seems I use it, and instead of people running away from me (like they tended to do before), they now run towards me to get an easy splat. ´;/

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I was all like 'You know, I should probably learn to use the inkjet, because it's the only special I can't really use'.

I tried, and I sucked at it before the nerf.

What am I supposed to do now?

Also the Splattershot Pro was never really meta (that's my understanding at least), and I still don't think it will be now just because less range means that you need to be more aggressive (I think), but the special and sub are more suited to a support playstyle.

Just my opinion though

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Does that mean that Octobrush, Jet Squelcher, and Splattershot Pro will be nerfed because they are the Meta now since everything else was nerfed?
The Octobrush maybe, but mainly because some folks had been complaining about it on Reddit and such since the games launch (but I honestly feel like they should add in more weapons first before nerfing stuff).

For the Jet Squelcher and Splattershot Pro, I don't remember either of those two weapons being "meta" and problematic to the point of needing nerfs (as of lately some streamers seem to just be playing around with the new Baller thinking it might be "the next big thing" meta wise due to how good it is) and as new weapons get added in I doubt the Jet Squelcher and Splattershot Pro will reach to pre-nerfed Tentatek or pre-nerfed Tri-Slosher levels of dominance.

Speaking of the Tentatek Splattershot, I do think the nerf was a bit harsh on top of the rather harsh Inkjet nerf. I noticed many seem to just dropped the Tentatek for the Vanilla Splattershot due to how harsh the nerfs were and Splashdown getting buffed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom