• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

tfw i missed both demo chances

jof

Inkling
  1. honestly this is probably not the best place to ask but does anyone want to explain to me the general feel of the game because i have been missing this demo like every time, hopefully i can play the one on the 23rd.

apologies if this is wrong area to post this :o

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
apologies if this is wrong area to post this :scared:
It's okay.

The game feels strange at first because your instincts are to go after the enemy. But after a while you'll get used to it. I personally had some problems with the controls at first but got use to it after a while. I greatly prefer the motion controls in this game because to me it's more 'accurate'. However, I know they are plenty of other people out there who prefer the stick controls.

If you have any other questions just ask.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
  1. honestly this is probably not the best place to ask but does anyone want to explain to me the general feel of the game because i have been missing this demo like every time, hopefully i can play the one on the 23rd.
The good news is that there is plenty of gameplay footage around to see, but nothing beats experiencing it for yourself. Hopefully, you can play the next time. If not, then at least you won't have Splatoon withdrawals. =P

Try out the motion controls, try to learn them. Most people don't bother with it, since the sticks are easier for them to get immediate results with. If you give it a chance, and later decide that it isn't for you, then that's fine. At least you tried. Find that sweet spot for the sensitivity with whatever controls you use.

As for general feel? It feels good. I have a LAN adapter, so all of my matches were flawless, which is not something a whole lot of shooters achieve. Controls worked, the way the weapons felt worked, etc. It just worked, and everything clicked rather quickly. Tons of fun to be had.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Good news! You may have already seen, but you have another chance! There will be a 4th, and confirmed final, testfire hour on the 23rd of May (At the time of posting, next Saturday). It's at 6pm EST.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
The game feels strange at first because your instincts are to go after the enemy.
I never felt like i wanna kill the Enemys xD

The Game run's insanely smooth and theres no lag at all even in a Japanese-only Match xD

dcooper

Senior Squid
NNID
victoriafan15
It alright and fun to play but when I first play it was hard for me to control the aiming and shooting with the gamepad until I eventually got the hand of it.

Marie

Inkster Jr.
I didn't feel like getting on for the demos, I mean I made it for 2 testfires, but that's it.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hey, there's always the 23rd. :D

redadil4

Inkster Jr.
NNID
leatherbelt
It feels pretty good, Like stated earlier in this thread, try both control options to see which one you like better(I personally liked the motion controls one), and also if you don't know already if you enter the tutorial area before the hour is up, you can stay in there without getting kicked out once the hour is up.

NNID DubaloSeven

Inkster Jr.
I'm so hype for the one coming up on the 23rd. I missed it the first couple times around because of Texas Showdown in Houston, but I'll esily be able to make this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom