• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 The chaos with rookies and ranking up

swim shady

Inkling
I decided to hop back into a,b,c mode because i was bored and wanted to feel supreme again. But i've noticed someting. some of these players are not just bad, they are honestly clueless when it comes to the most basic tasks in competitive mode. Im not one of those people that whine and complain other people cost me games, thats not what im trying to get at here, im simply trying to stay i understand why some people stay in those ranks for years at a time. For the people who play casually and do this just for ****s and gigs, this isnt about them, its about the people who want to know why they cant rank up, to avoid a long post, i'll sum up some of the hillarious things i saw

*Going to the enemy base and taking on all spawning players while getting killed and getting no kills and abandoning all your other teamates who are trying to push the objective who all then become slaughtered themselves because they didn't realize you went crappy rambo on them

*Picking up the rainmaker and engaging in unecessary firefights while the path to victory is wide open

*Getting in front of players while they are shooting at an enemy, killing yourself and killing them in the process

*not doing the booyah back (dont have an x rank attitude in a novice level setting)

*building up ink on the complete opposite side of the map and leaving your teamates to do a 3-4 battle

*No cover fire whatsoever

*ADD coordination and going in 4 diffrent directions even though theres one single objective

*Seeing a player with 9 clams and taking the 4 clams in front of him so you can get splatted and the other team can then go get those clams themselves

*Up close battles with weapons that are intended to be fired from far away

*Far away battles with weapons that are intended to be fired from close up

*telling other players to go "this way" and getting killed before you even finish saying the line

*names are increadibly plain and boring, get creative

I also wanted to point something else out. I have enormous respect and admiration for the pros out there, but one piece of advice i dont like and isn't really helping anyone rank up is this notion you have to be role specific to move ahead, like if your a backliner be a backliner, or if your support than be support. i find that as total horseshit that applies to lan competitions and organized battles, not random ranking. I find it interesting because all of the people with high x ranks giving that advice are people who needed to utilize alot of versatility to get to where they are. Even the best of the best have to be prepared to take on roles they dont like and dont want in order for the benifit of the team, such as we saw with HXN and Kiver back in their SetToDestroyX days. Yes theres no doubt that these amazing players become very role specific with players they practice and rehearse with, and players they communicate with in real time, but they do that in organized settings. Ranked mode is not organized, its chaotic, the system deliberatly pairs you with other players who have been losing alot to see how worthy you are. These are all major spike strips designed to seperate the top ranked players from everyone else, even the great SRBdude has made clear ranked mode is a pain in the *** for him just like everyone else. when one plays ranked mode, they need to hop on the tower, get kills, provide support, initiate distraction, provide air cover and etc etc it takes so much versatility and being one of those players who can get a top rank with one weapon is a rare feauture most players shouldn't pursue.

also, please stop with this nonsense of "i scoreed the most kills, but my teamates sucked" james harden scores the most points in the nba and rest assured hes not getting a championship anytime soon. ive seen legends do legendary things with laughable kills counts

In short, its the little things holding these players back. Small adjustments in firing and movement will make all the diffrence in your rank. My advice? if youre not getting far in splatoon give it a break, give some time for free thought, you'll come back better. It may sound stupid, but playing counter strike global offensive helped my aim tremendously. just an idea to throw out there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom