The Perks of Gear:a problem?

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
So as we know certain gear has certain perks, but do you think this will cause many people to have to compromise on how they want their Inkling to look?

Spyke may be a solution to a degree, but do you think all gear has the potential to equate to all other gear? For instance, do you think the schoolgirl uniform can be manipulated so it affects your inkling the same way as a branded tshirt? If not, do you expect we'll see an over abundance of any one outfit due to it's perks?

"The Year is 20XX, all Inklings are wearing motocross helmets and schoolgirl uniforms"

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Definitely a big issue for me, so I hope the perks aren't that influential on the grand scheme of things. I want my squid to look the way I want, not the way it is better for gameplay purposes. If perks end up being very influential, I will have to try to find a balance between cool and useful, unfortunately.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
well since you can reroll your perks, I think we will be fine in this regard.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
it's more of an issue of "if this game has LAN, how will perks work?" and "how much of a time investment is it?" than "will everything be balanced?" to me

i'm sure there will be some strong combinations of perks, sure, there are in every game, but not overwhelmingly so or over centralizing

it's just if you want to get the right perks, you're going to have to go to spyke with the super sea snails from events that might be spread out over the course of months, or grind on the online to get all the slots... even then, your perks aren't selected by you, they're predetermined by the game when you bought it

i really wish perks were just things you unlocked when you leveled up and could select from, like most games. definitely goes against the point of customizing your inkling however you like and one of my biggest gripes with the game

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Since perks are random it seems a bit frustrating in competitive, but I imagine it will develop similarly to Pokemon; a lot of grinding. x.x

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Lots of grinding involved, but I'll try to look the way I want and have some great perks. Ordering from Spyke might help make it easier and not too grindy.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I hope that if it is limited I can at least choose a cool-looking clowsuit.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I think the direct said randomizing your gear perks with a super sea snail or something?

I personally intend to find one look and stick with it, and just continuously mix up the perks i get until i find the perfect balance.

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
I think the direct said randomizing your gear perks with a super sea snail or something?

I personally intend to find one look and stick with it, and just continuously mix up the perks i get until i find the perfect balance.
Spyke can reset your slots to be empty. He can also add slots but thts about it.

Doogle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iamdoogle
I like the idea of going back to see if there's a better perk for the gear you already purchased to be honest.

Perhaps annoying if you just want to look good and have perks that suit you, but it adds a reason to keep coming back to the game (aside from the insane amount of fun it is) and constantly look around, waiting for the ones you want. It just feels like it adds to the longevity of the game before you have absolutely everything. At least certain perks aren't locked to certain clothing.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Spyke can reset your slotsI gue to be empty. He can also add slots but thts about it.

Wait he can mix up gear abilities.

I'm watching the direct again, they're officially called abilities, who came up with perks?

I guess right now the main question is can you stack ability effects? I doubt having 2 Attack Up abilities will make you unbearably strong, but it would be a nice advantage.

The other thing is, you can have a max of 4 ability slots on each piece of gear, meaning you can bring in a whopping 12 different abilities to battle. I really look forward to seeing the kinds of loadouts people bring into high level play, I personally want a mix of speed and offense with other things like Tenacity and Last Ditch effort,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom