The Watering Hole: A General Social Thread

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
This thread is for fellow splatters to get to know each other, and just hang out. If something's on your mind, or if you'd like to interact with other members, this place is for you!

MorsCordis

Inkling
NNID
MorsCordis1236
So I just broke into ranked matches yesterday after winning 18/20 turf war matches (figure I must finally have a handle on my weapon of choice).
When playing in a competitive setting I really dislike losing, where I don't mind as much in casual. When do you guys squad up for ranked matches? Obviously I'll need to rank up a few more times, but I'd love to see a little coordination for a change (my biggest gripe to the game)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
So I just broke into ranked matches yesterday after winning 18/20 turf war matches (figure I must finally have a handle on my weapon of choice).
When playing in a competitive setting I really dislike losing, where I don't mind as much in casual. When do you guys squad up for ranked matches? Obviously I'll need to rank up a few more times, but I'd love to see a little coordination for a change (my biggest gripe to the game)
Only a few of us regularly play, but i think we'd have at least four for a game if we announce it. I'm usually available Fridays and weekends. I know desque and eloy would be up for ranked if we asked. that's four right there if they're up for it, and can find a time.

MorsCordis

Inkling
NNID
MorsCordis1236
Awesome. I just blasted my way through C with 5 straight wins. Now to get to the B's

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Awesome. I just blasted my way through C with 5 straight wins. Now to get to the B's
congrats. I'm teetering in a- range. I'd offer to help, but if we entered squad ranked together, i'd rain a's and s's on your match, giving massive spikes in blood pressure and rage. hopy we play together tonight!

MorsCordis

Inkling
NNID
MorsCordis1236
I've been doing all of my ranked play with the N'Zap '89 and as such have been working my gear to that weapon. Main saver, special charge up, ink resistance... With a focus on sub saver to keep my sprinkler from killing my tank. I find myself doing a lot of squid hunting in most of the matches (especially snipers) and was toying with a change to the '85.

As such, any ideas for gear? I'm going to stick with ink resistance and main saver. I think special charge up will also be good for echo locator. I don't think I will need sub saver though. Maybe run speed up, and quick super jump?

MorsCordis

Inkling
NNID
MorsCordis1236
congrats. I'm teetering in a- range. I'd offer to help, but if we entered squad ranked together, i'd rain a's and s's on your match, giving massive spikes in blood pressure and rage. hopy we play together tonight!
I would actually rather play at a higher rank level. I keep getting matched up in teams that can't win by knockout. It's either a prolonged match with a slight win, or complete utter obliteration of my team. I suspect it's usually all or nothing in the higher ranks.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I would actually rather play at a higher rank level. I keep getting matched up in teams that can't win by knockout. It's either a prolonged match with a slight win, or complete utter obliteration of my team. I suspect it's usually all or nothing in the higher ranks.
alright. you say you play after 8? Mountain? I could jump in with you. to be honest, though, b+/a- is exactly the same, but with more organization. and you'll be guaranteed to get an s or two in the high b's, throwing off the point distribution. I got so frustrated ranking down, i stopped playing ranked until i could get a full squad going.

Let me know, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom