• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The weird Spyke dude

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Why is Spyke in a alley? And weird? and he charges too much for a shirt, when I can get that same shirt the next day! he cannot possibly be homeless when he gets all of that cash, he is just deceiving us, we need to use the sea slugs instead.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Why is Spyke in a alley?
maybe he likes it there. probably an urchin thing.

And weird?
weird is a subjective term my dear.

Why is Spyke in a alley? And weird? and he charges too much for a shirt, when I can get that same shirt the next day! he cannot possibly be homeless when he gets all of that cash, he is just deceiving us, we need to use the sea slugs instead.
it probably takes a lot of energy to rip the sea snail out of their shells and harness their power to reroll gear. either he's ripping them out and taking their power or him eating them makes rerolls happen. sea snails are something certain species of urchin eat. could be an urchin thing, since no other character types can do it (as far as i can tell). or maybe it's a special power that only spyke has. this is really interesting now that i think about. we obviously know he rips the snails right out of their shells, but what does he do after he rips them out? it's also a possibility that rerolling gear might be illegal since the first question spyke asks you is if you're a cop. another strange thing is that inklings do eat the sea snail as seen with this screenshot of one on a grill.
Piranha_empty_super_sea_shell.png

My theory is that any species can eat the snails, but only spike (or the sea urchin species) can harness their power to reroll gear. they are called super sea snails after all.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
They should let us keep a sea slug as a pet, it would be fun to take care of it, and if they could help you in battles,:)

Needles Jewel

Inkling
He's probably in an alley because folks think he's a little scary looking, which ties in with the "weird" thing.

As with the snails, everyone's gotta eat. Maybe it's just his favorite food, like how mine is olives. Take a look at the pretty shells… there's no way they don't have some kind of special power. Why only Spyke can use it is anyone's guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom