This is how they fixed having no more super sea snails!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I really like the change. It makes grinding for money in turf a lot more viable. According to the working of the announcement, Judd will "give you something if you keep playing" so I guess you get snails for getting good ratings?

Here's a link to the announcement. http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
I really like the change. It makes grinding for money in turf a lot more viable. According to the working of the announcement, Judd will "give you something if you keep playing" so I guess you get snails for getting good ratings?

Here's a link to the announcement. http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/
You can get stuff!? Can you tell me immediatly if you find out what it is?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
You can get stuff!? Can you tell me immediatly if you find out what it is?
Sure! I assume it's a snail, but you never know. There may be another update coming very soon to implement the change. If it hasn't already happened.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm guessing if you get a SO HAWT score you get a snail.
It's really the only thing we can get. Which is really cool. I just hope this does not turn turf war into a full on brutal war. All those nice rewards may cause people to play a lot harder than they do now. :oops:

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
It's really the only thing we can get. Which is really cool. I just hope this does not turn turf war into a full on brutal war. All those nice rewards may cause people to play a lot harder than they do now. :oops:
I stopped playing ranked after I got to S 45 (yes, hate me people), but a more competitive turf war would be fun. A better reward with half the salt :D.

Glacei

Inkster Jr.
I had a feeling something like this would happen, good to know there's more of an emphasis on non-ranked gameplay to get rewarded. I might actually have to play turf war now!

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
From what i read on reddit. If you win ~30 matches (doesn't have to be in a row, map rotation or in a single sitting and counts for both turf and ranked) you get a sea snail.
That makes sense. 30 matches and the 1000 extra points (not including actual points from inking) equals 30000 coins which is what you need to equal a sea snail. Would the stages changing reset the amount of wins back to zero like it does your "vibe"?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
From what i read on reddit. If you win ~30 matches (doesn't have to be in a row, map rotation or in a single sitting and counts for both turf and ranked) you get a sea snail.
That's a pretty fair system, good to know!

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Would the stages changing reset the amount of wins back to zero like it does your "vibe"?
This is a little old but thought I'd answer - all evidence I've seen points to 'no' (it doesn't matter when you win, including the rotation; you get a Snail after any 30 victories). I think that's what Leronne conveyed in the bracketed part.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, that takes care of any fears I had in this system. All I need to do now is get some wins every time I play, then!

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Yep - if you play Splatoon casually for half an hour a day, then you can expect a Snail every 10 days or fewer. So it works both for intensive players and those who take it easy.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
IF you go to judd after winning a lot of battles, he will say you are "Krilling" it out there and give you 1 to 3 sea slugs, depending on how Good you are playing, if you are doing bad... he wont give you any. :(

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
I had 5 the last time I went to Judd, so you can have more than 3. I'm not sure you can have more than 5 though. I was warming up with my strongest weapon in ranked, so I did something like S+20 -> S+95 before talking to him, with some losses obviously. I don't really know how many victories I had. I would be curious to know how many snails you get with how many wins, even though I don't reroll much now anyway.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I would be curious to know how many snails you get with how many wins, even though I don't reroll much now anyway.
I've just stuck to what I've read with a Snail per 30 wins (presumably, win count overflows so you don't, say, win 50, pick up a Snail and then have to win 30 again to get the second). But perhaps it's possible to rack up a 'combo' by not speaking to Judd for ages and thereby reduce the number of wins per Snail until you cash in? Hopefully, it's the simplest system, as I dunno if I could deal with that.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've just stuck to what I've read with a Snail per 30 wins (presumably, win count overflows so you don't, say, win 50, pick up a Snail and then have to win 30 again to get the second). But perhaps it's possible to rack up a 'combo' by not speaking to Judd for ages and thereby reduce the number of wins per Snail until you cash in? Hopefully, it's the simplest system, as I dunno if I could deal with that.
Don't know about win rollover(they probably do though), but sea snails do accumulate. I've gotten 3 at once from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom