• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Thots on the viability of the weaponized Soy sauce packet and the Ultra YEET

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
K so I know it's been only about a week since these two things have been out, but. I'm curious to see how these weapons will turn out. The Ultra stamp is great at chasing down foes but it's startup time and mobility really feel like hindrance to it.

The Torpedo feels like some sort of high-risk, high reward weapon with no control over how it will effect the opponent. On one hand if it hits, that's up to 96 damage and a whole lotta paint d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶. However it goes down in one shot and moves to a certain spot instead of following the opponent.

So tell me your opinions on these thingys below.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Honestly Torpedoes seem underwhelming since they can be shot down, don't travel that fast and are basically autobombs and bursts but with their worst attributes. If the droplets were more consistent and painted a bit more then i'd probably like them.

As for Ultra Stamp, it seems good-ish but way too situational. It's better on flat stages such as Port but struggles on stages with higher ground like Manta, you're very vulnerable when someone is sharking you, it doesn't paint well and you're not completely safe in the front either. Throwing it is pretty nice though.

Both could use a buff in some form of way imo. They're not garbage, just could be better.

EastWest

Inkling
NNID
EastWest
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-5108-2053
I love the torpedo, but the stamp is simply not viable for me because of the weapons it is on. I just can’t say enough because I honestly haven’t used it.
In my opinion, the torpedo isn’t meant to be played like a lethal bomb, even to the extent that autobombs can be. From my testing, the torpedo doesn’t benefit from the increased blast radius that autobombs do when using Sub Power Up.
I think the torpedos are great on their current weapons because they allow for chip damage that sincerely benefits the killtime of the main weapon.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Dear Nintendo,
Please slap Torpedo on the Kensa Jet Squelcher.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom