• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts and Ramblings on Splatoon Tournaments

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
So I was thinking...

In terms of local multiplayer, Splatoon only has a 1v1 battle mode which involves trying to pop more balloons than your opponent. Obviously, splattering your opponent gives you a few seconds to go ape and pop some balloons uninterrupted.

Sure, this could indeed make for some good times at the local Splatoon tournamenst, but what about some 4v4 action?

Granted, it would be a pain in the *** as you would need a minimum of 8 setups just to get two teams playing, and the owners of those setups would all need to friend each other to get the room established, but I think it would be awesome if it could be pulled off. I would think that the best way to organize the setups would be to have them set up in a 4x2 deal with the players looking at each other. That way, they peak a quick look behind them while they're waiting for respawn to find out what's going on on the other team.

As for rulesets:
For the 1v1 stuff, a similar thing to Smash I think is in order:
Stages (and maybe even weapons(?)) can be picked and banned by the players as they desire.

For the 4v4 stuff, you could have something like a dedicated Turf Wars tournament, or you could spice things up a bit. The two teams start off with a coin toss and whoever wins the toss gets to choose the first game type (Turf Wars, Deathmatch, whatever) and then looser picks the next game type and so on until the best whatever out of whatever is satisfied.

Alternatively, the winner of the coin toss can choose either the game type or which maps they don't want, and the other team does the opposite.

What else do you all think?

Last edited:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Are you confident that the 1v1 battle made will be hosted in tournaments ?

Other that that I really can't criticize or add anything to your statement because I'm unsure what kind of ruleset this game will have. It's far too early for me to create an opinion on a suitable ruleset for this game.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
I very much doubt that people will run tournaments for the 1v1 mode. It seems tacked on for the sake of having it, but the real meat of the game is in the online modes. Also I think you're assuming that most of our events will be offline, but I don't think that'll be the case. Splatoon is nothing like Smash, and most of our tournaments will likely be online. And when we do have offline tournaments, they will have the same rules as online ones for consistancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom