Thoughts on post-launch content

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
So as you all probably know, there will be a ton of post launch content, from stages, weapons, gear, etc. I think this is awesome, but I think Nintendo is relying on that idea a bit too much. What I mean is that I feel like there should be just a little bit more to the game at launch. For example, the 5 stages we get at launch all seem great, but I feel like we should have at least also have gotten Camp Triggerfish as a stage for launch, as it was one of the first stages ever shown off. The weapon and gear selection is satisfactory as is for what we get at launch, but things like the ink brush should also be availabe by default, as that weapon has the same story as Triggerfish. Overall I don't mind what we get at launch, but these are just my opinions. What do you guys think?

Chukkaque

Inkling
NNID
Chukkaque
I think with the Solo story, turf war, battle, and then the "competitive" battle, and amiibo plus the arcade games, there's tons of stuff available to keep us all busy. Plus it feels like the updates come month to month, so we get some new stuff as early as mid-June.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I think with the Solo story, turf war, battle, and then the "competitive" battle, and amiibo plus the arcade games, there's tons of stuff available to keep us all busy. Plus it feels like the updates come month to month, so we get some new stuff as early as mid-June.
Totally! I especially just find the exclusion of Triggerfish and the Ink Brush odd though. It seems both have been in the game since the start, but I don't mind all that much.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I believe they're doing this to stretch out the game for as long as they can. Same for MK 8 and Smash 4.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Honestly, I just care if we get new maps. Because 5 is just too small of a number. Anyways, what I think Nintendo will do is release the maps in sets of 3. If I remember correctly, there were a total of 9 slots when they said more maps. Three of those maps were already shown, while the others had a ? mark on them.

PHIL Master 227

Inkling
NNID
PHILMaster227
I'm really hopeful for more game modes, I would love to see a search and destroy type game mode incorporated into splatoon with a Nintendo spin on it.

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
I'm hoping for more game modes then just the two with splatzones and the tower one on competitive. I want there to be tons more gear and the level cap to be brought up as well

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I'm hoping for more game modes then just the two with splatzones and the tower one on competitive. I want there to be tons more gear and the level cap to be brought up as well
Well, we are getting the Rainmaker mode as well. And the level cap won't mean much anyways. If you can give people more gear to unlock, then theu can work towards getting the cash for that stuff instead.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I'm not a fan of getting content rolled out later is a bit lame i like variety. I just hope the party system can launch early.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
Oh what noooooo is Camp Triggerfish not going to be availabe at launch?
It's the stage I was the most excited about I really like its style

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Oh what noooooo is Camp Triggerfish not going to be availabe at launch?
It's the stage I was the most excited about I really like its style
Yeah I was excited for it too. I'm guessing it will be one of the first post launch stages we get, though

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
I don't mind waiting, there seems to be plenty of content at launch for everyone to be busy with.
Although I do wish the Inkbrush was available on launch, I can wait for it.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I don't mind waiting, there seems to be plenty of content at launch for everyone to be busy with.
Although I do wish the Inkbrush was available on launch, I can wait for it.
Yeah, I have no problem waiting, but I feel like there was some stuff that had no need to be restricted until later

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Thanks for moving this thread, AlphaZealot accidentally put this on the wrong section.

SoloCarryGamer

Inkling
NNID
s0l0c4rryg4m3r
So as you all probably know, there will be a ton of post launch content, from stages, weapons, gear, etc. I think this is awesome, but I think Nintendo is relying on that idea a bit too much. What I mean is that I feel like there should be just a little bit more to the game at launch. For example, the 5 stages we get at launch all seem great, but I feel like we should have at least also have gotten Camp Triggerfish as a stage for launch, as it was one of the first stages ever shown off. The weapon and gear selection is satisfactory as is for what we get at launch, but things like the ink brush should also be availabe by default, as that weapon has the same story as Triggerfish. Overall I don't mind what we get at launch, but these are just my opinions. What do you guys think?
Personally I think what you've stated is not exactly wrong in fact I'd agree with the majority of what you said I thought we would get a bit more content but I am happy with what we are getting! I think it's already got more content than destiny with both dlc packs XD which turned into the biggest gaming flop of 2014. I think the plan behind putting the weapons in the single player campaign is to entice people to not just play the multiplayer like in cod or any of the other big shooters; which their campaigns are just made redundant because people solely focus on leveling up in multiplayer because it has the "long term value." In that way I believe they've done their best to make it as complete a game as possible, not just a "shooter" a COMPLETE WHOLESOME EXPERIENCE which most games these days are leaving sour tastes in our mouths because of either A)lack of content B)major connection/server issues and/or C)disappointing gameplay e.g.destiny

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
I wouldn't be surprised if this is because Nintendo put too much pressure on the dev team to hit the deadline they gave them. While I want to main Inkbrush right away, I think it'll be exciting seeing the new content releases if they keep some of it secret.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I wouldn't be surprised if this is because Nintendo put too much pressure on the dev team to hit the deadline they gave them. While I want to main Inkbrush right away, I think it'll be exciting seeing the new content releases if they keep some of it secret.
I also get the feeling it is to try and keep people interested in the game so that it will be easier to get into matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom