• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Thoughts on the Buffed Splattershot Jr.

OctoPie5

Inkling
NNID
Zack23456
Switch Friend Code
SW-5124-3591-9330
As you all know, the splattershot jr. received a buff with a 10% larger ink tank. Thinking into this, you now have 110% maximum ink with this weapon equipped. Added onto that, the autobomb is now weaker, but uses up less ink...55% of the ink tank. That means you can now throw two autobombs without any sub saver. Does this sound broken? It feels broken. With simply one main of sub saver, I can throw two autobombs and fire a considerable amount of ink afterward. Added onto this, you can throw 4 autobombs using the ink storm to refill your ink after using 2. If my gun doesn’t splat, the autobomb will. So basically, I can stand back and spam autobombs and let the bombs do the killing. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I think the custom splattershot jr. has made it into the meta. It is strong right now, sure, and I see it everywhere. Any thoughts?

Weavile

Inkster Jr.
Not really because it's always been a lot harder to kill with an Autobomb than with a splat bomb if they notice it. The main function of the Autobomb is to sniff opponents out and force movement, not killing. The main gun is also low range, low damage and low accuracy, the best thing about the JR is that it can paint and get specials easily. That's likely why you see Customs more often in Zones because they spam Ink Storm on the zone to paint it. But there are better Storm Spamming weapons like the Dapples Nouveau, Zimi and Custom Squelchies with a more reliable main weapon and a debatably better sub.

the

Inkling Commander
The buffed splatter jr is a lot of fun, but I think its use, like many weapons, is still gonna be relegated to either splat zones, or turf war fun.

Speaking of which, anybody know if it’s possible to stack enough subsaver to throw THREE autobombs? That coupled with inkstorm and its instand ink recovery would simply be, for lack of a better term, inkredible.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I mean the autobombs also got nerfed so double autobomb is more a nuisance than an actual threat.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Speaking of which, anybody know if it’s possible to stack enough subsaver to throw THREE autobombs?
Nope. Max discount on autobombs is 30%, at which rate 3 of them would take 115.5% of a normal ink tank.

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Nope. Max discount on autobombs is 30%, at which rate 3 of them would take 115.5% of a normal ink tank.
Dang. :p In any case, lots of sub saver and special charge will probably make this weapon annoying

hoo

Inkling
NNID
jawsbenjamin3
Switch Friend Code
SW-5606-6403-6999
The new splattershot jr makes double splat bomb a viable option, only needing one sub and two mains of ss. But I we need to wait and see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom